Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Woody, it might be time to use the Ignore List. If you don't think someone is reading your posts, why bother replying? Why subject everyone else to it?

To Community forum mod: please move further off topic posts to their own thread so this one can serve its actual intended purpose.
How on earth did a person like this get to the position of being a moderator ?.
All your basically saying is go away and getting away with it because of the words you use.
Your a very good example of a very bad moderator.

Here is a perfect example of a personal attack and joining in once again with another member of this forum who repeatadly attacks my posts and your a moderator !.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2010-06-23 at 04:21.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
How on earth did a person like this get to the position of being a moderator ?.
All your basically saying is go away and getting away with it because of the words you use.
Your a very good example of a very bad moderator.

Here is a perfect example of a personal attack and joining in once again with another member of this forum who repeatadly attacks my posts and your a moderator !.
Flandry is one of the best I've seen actually. I've been doing this for years and I'm learning from him.

If you actually interpreted what he said as bad in any way, abill_uk, I can only assume you've abandoned any semblance of objectivity.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Since you appear to want to continue this... (Sorry to the rest of the thread watchers. I would take this to PM, but I don't think he'd bother reading it... Not that I assume he's reading it here entirely, but...)

I see, so you call people wrong, crazy and unreasonable (note the links highlight the words), for disagreeing with you, and then get upset when they disagree? You were being very rude. People are upset and replying because you were rude in your very first post on this thread.

This is after you've said the forum "stinks of Nokia" and basically call everyone that disagrees with you a "fanboy". As well as insult the moderators by claiming they're all out to get you, and specifically have set you up to trick you into getting infraction points. And you think people are attacking you? That's not how I (or most here) see it.

How did they "trick you" again? As I recall you wandered into the overclock thread, rather randomly, and called the OP "irresponsible" for posting such things without an appropriate heat dissipation solution. You then questioned if they were actually altering the voltage, and claimed that even if there were, it wouldn't affect heat generated (when clearly that is a factor). You spoke to several active and knowledgeable people in thread (which were also mainly engineers) as if they were children, and questioned their knowledge of basic electronic principles (like "ohms law"). Then when confronted with a knowledgeable response, and witty replies, started claiming you were being attacked, and called for Reggie to moderate the thread.

Again, I don't see that as people attacking you. I see that as you being rude, acting like a complete know it all (when you don't), and then crying for a moderator when the big boys told you to piss off. (After being kind enough to disprove most of what you were saying.)

Then you come here and cite that as an example of the moderators being out to get you, and fanboys attacking you, and expect to not have people challenge your false accusations? And if they do, you're again being "attacked". Doesn't make sense, sorry.

As stated earlier, the rules do apply to everyone. It just so happens that you don't want to follow them, and (maybe inadvertently) are just rude.

Wow.. You were on the verge of helping, and then decided not to because a few people got upset with you being rude? How mature of you.

The only idea you presented (interspersed among your rude comments) were references to the idea of adding a heat sync to the processor to dissipate heat, which many people though was a good idea btw. But you never expanded on it because your posts were so rude, uninformed, and insulting that people became confrontational and the discussion derailed. You shot yourself in the foot, and then blame "the community" for not letting you enlighten them with your wonderful idea...

You need to check your ego, Mr. Engineer. Simply put, every other person in that discussion is still on that thread, actively working on fixes and tweaks to the overclocking work and other kernel based changes. They're getting along just fine, and were fine before you showed up. The only thing that changed was you being present, and when you left peace returned. It's not the whole community that's got issues... It's one person: You.

If you cared about the community here, you would have started another thread with your idea about cooling the CPU instead of trying to hijack a thread about overclocking while insulting the people active in promoting that development. Instead you continued to fan the flames there, and then started another thread about the lack of "appropriate" moderation.

Even while chatting here with you, I've continued to do other things, like answer a newbies question about map loading, and suggesting a new feature for an app I've been testing. All while "defending myself" from your false aspersions of me attacking you.

If you want to help the community, do it. Stop being rude, and finding fault with everyone and every thing, and offer actual help. If you don't want to help the community (as you clearly stated above with "i am reluctant to give any of my modifications to this forum") then why are you here? To distract and cause flame wars? Not needed. Take your degree and go use it somewhere else... and take your ego with you.
This whole post is an attack and he will not leave it alone as he gets away with it for what reason?.
There you go this is a perfect example of one rule for one and not for another.
Flaundry is joining in with him by the comments he made suggesting i am ignored which is in turn a "go away" comment.

This is happening right in front of practically every moderator on this site and he is getting away with it !!!, while this is allowed to go on this forum will never change.

How much more proof do you need before someone can agree even.

EDIT Read the post he made as it says about "The only idea you presented (interspersed among your rude comments) were references to the idea of adding a heat sync to the processor to dissipate heat, which many people though was a good idea btw. But you never expanded on it because your posts were so rude, uninformed, and insulting that people became confrontational and the discussion derailed. You shot yourself in the foot, and then blame "the community" for not letting you enlighten them with your wonderful idea..."

I got BANNED by Flaundry and never got the chance to explain anything !.
AM sorry to say this but IMO this is all getting out of hand now.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2010-06-23 at 05:06.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@abill: you want to be heard, but you don't want to hear other people.
that is not conducive to 'talking'.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

I really, really want to add persistent paranoia and attempts at martyrdom to the list...

Ok, I'm kidding. Partly.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Flandry is one of the best I've seen actually. I've been doing this for years and I'm learning from him.

If you actually interpreted what he said as bad in any way, abill_uk, I can only assume you've abandoned any semblance of objectivity.
Texrat i strongly suggest you go look at the petty way Flaundry banned me and the actual wording used, do a little research here as i also objected to it when i got back off the ban and never even got a reply.
If this is how the moderating on this forum is made up then i want no part of it sorry to say.

I am being attacked on this thread and not one single moderator has done anything about it apart from one mod actually agreeing the fact i am being attacked !.

You haven't been attacked once in this thread abill_uk. Just lay off of the victim ploy. No one is buying it.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Abill, I really believe you need a breather. I am sick and tired of having to read your paranoid-inspired rants, claiming that there are conspiracies against you.

The number of times you've claimed that people are harassing you, that they are bad mouthing you, that they are insulting you, ignoring you, banning you is just astronomical. You generate so much utter noise that I'm starting to lack the willpower to reply to any threads in which you are involved.

Anything we say will be turned against us, anything we don't say will be turned against us. As soon as you stick your head in a thread, it becomes a catch 22 situation. We will be wrong, no matter what, and you will be right; at least, that's how I imagine it must appear to your eyes.

We have almost the same kind of guy on IRC. Every time he opens his mouth, people get pissed off. He says things that sweat ignorance out of every pore, and then he gets insulting and tries to back up his claims by claiming he's an ex-Nokian, or whatever. We've banned him a handful of times now, but for some reason, he keeps coming.

Truth is, like Reggie said, trolls and idiots may be persistent, but so are the mods. I honestly believe it would be for the best if you just removed yourself from this board, because if not, you will be removed by the moderating team. You never bring insightful or interesting points of view, you just whine and scream. You never try to calm things down, but you attack and claim to be attacked constantly.

Countless are the times we have attempted to tell you that if you have problems, you should take them in private, and countless are the times you have created public threads, in the wrong forums, to insult moderators and disturb other users.

Reggie, and to all the other mods, I am pleading for Abill to be banned once and for all. Ban all the accounts he will make in the future, for I truly believe that orangebox, xobegnaro, and abill are the one and same person.

I know I'll keep banning the guy who claims he's an ex-nokia guy every time he opens his mouth, every time he starts pissing people off on IRC.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
abill... what Flandry said made sense. Woody was making sense and if a person didn't want to listen to what his was stating but insisted on remaining rude, as a moderator you'd want adults to act as adults and self-moderate before they'd have to step in and do that for you.

In simple terms, Woody could/should be the better person, ignore that one person and continue adding to the community whereas that other person is just ignored... can't argue with something you don't see.

Now... you on the other hand, you've been on a rant lately about basically everything. Perhaps you need to identify all that has upset you since it's factored in and not too thinly veiled behind each and every one of these kinds of posts by you.

Tags
relentless