Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
hi guys, my problem is ive recorded a video, im unable to share it via email due to it being ' too large'
so connected via data cable but i cant find the video, i can only see it in the n900 media player, cant find it on n900 or memory card or via winscp,
if i cant access it then its probably the final straw for me as the email dont refresh 'still after 10 months' and nokia conned me out of 500 quid for the 'N'ightmare97 and it looks like theyve done me again with this device, (that i love cos i can mod it)
but not letting me back up or remove recorded videos via data cable is a bit of a joke,
can anyone help?

If you can attach it to an email its in there somewhere. Did you look in the DCIM folder on the memory card? Nobody is stopping you from backing it up or removing it.

i CANT attach it via email as its too big!
thats why i need to send it on pc
and yes i looked in memory card/DCIM there are only photos in there
and Nokia is stopping me from backing it up or removing it as i cant bloody find it!!!!
(thanks for the reply tho bro its appreciated)

If you can attempt to attach it, you are picking the file from a chooser dialog, no? What about going into a terminal and doing "find / -size 5M". I think this gives you every file over 5 megabytes, but I don't know what the email attachment size limit is. I wish I had my N900 in front of me or I'd try it out.

ha im a total wally with xterm bro!
if i play the vid via media player i have the option of sending via service ect, so the file is obviously somewhere,
i know ive recorded a few vids with the camera and cant send them, back them up, or even find them with file mgr, winscp, or data cable, im sure i remember seeing a folder named 'camera' at some point but cant seem to find it at all now,
to be honest this problem is still something i will probs live with cos this phone is awesome to me, just a bit gutted i cant find' send' or back this vid up, someone needs a slap at nokia,
or i need a slap if ive missed something!

you were right bro!!
found them via winscp, media/mmc1/DCIM
then i found them via data cable in the same location
he he wot a plonker, hopefully the thread will help someone else with this, thanks for the help bro, my phone is back to its full awesomeness!