I got telepathy-msn-pecan 0.1.0-0maemo4 installed on PR 1.2 (OS upgraded wirelessly)

When logging in to MSN, all my contacts show NO indication of whether they are online or offline, even though i'm already signed in. Sometimes maybe 1 or 2 shows the green online status.

But over time, more and more user starts showing online status, even though they should have been online in the first place.

What's up with that?

I have telepathy-butterfly and telepathy-haze uninstalled.
Although telepathy-butterfly did show no problem.
However I would like to use pecan because you all say it uses less battery life.

Rebooted device already.

Last edited by robin; 2010-07-04 at 17:51.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Perhaps try to use Pecan's bugtracker to tell its author about this bug.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Some...where....over the rainbow
When I look at the msn-pecan app in application manager, it is still in the Extras-devel catalog, so it still might be quite buggy as you have experienced first hand. I don't know how long it's been there really, but is that the only msn protocol plugin you can use? Maybe you can try another one to see if it works better, since it seems like there are a couple of them. Tell us which works best if you do try them.

Maybe it got something to do with

http://code.google.com/p/msn-pecan/issues/detail?id=13

The reason I use the extra-devel version is cos the older versions in extra-testing & extra are causing the same or other problems as well.

telepathy-butterfly gives no problem, but apparently pecan is more battery efficient.