Active Topics

Can some one please write an app/patch or tell me how to stop the auto rotate happening when an incoming call is happening. I miss so many calls while playing hunt the answer button. Trouble is the slowness to show the button if the phone thinks its needs to rotate the screen. Ideally it just would not and leave the screen at what ever it was so you have a good opportunity to press the button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:
There's a setting in the phone application that lets you lock it in landscape or portrait.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Can some one please write an app/patch or tell me how to stop the auto rotate happening when an incoming call is happening. I miss so many calls while playing hunt the answer button. Trouble is the slowness to show the button if the phone thinks its needs to rotate the screen. Ideally it just would not and leave the screen at what ever it was so you have a good opportunity to press the button.
Open the 'Phone Application' and select the 'Phone --> Turning' option on the top. Change the 'Display Orientation' parameter to the option that suits you.

--
Sidd

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to logicalsid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Also, if someone helps you out you should press the thanks button X)

The Following User Says Thank You to 6sicSIX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
I've already set it to portrait, but apparently it doesn't care much about that as mine still keeps rotating...

This is actually quite annoying it happened to me many times. I ended up setting the phone app to portrait.
You can also download transitions or another app to edit rotate speed.
I don't think there is a easy way to disable rotate temporarly during phone ring.

I don't want to turn off the auto rotate generally, just when there is an incoming call.

The Following User Says Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
I've already set it to portrait, but apparently it doesn't care much about that as mine still keeps rotating...
Bug, restart phone and check if fixed.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by VII View Post
Bug, restart phone and check if fixed.
Nope, it doesn't... I've set that long time ago (and restarted more than once after that) but it keeps ignoring it... maybe something else makes it rotate? maybe thats the Phone Speaker Switcher application doing that?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I can second this request, my n900 does this too. It doesn't care if set fixed or automatic, it still rotates (and annoyingly slow too) when a call comes in.

Since this seems to be a bug rather than a feature request, has anybody filed a report yet?