Notices

I have a Q. when changing the theme to new theme, i get the wallpaper from old theme to the new assigned one!!!!.

every time when change to new theme, i have to go to change back ground>then choose the back-ground for my theme. then reboot

How to change themes normally without changing it twice? ( theme+back-ground) or it should be done in 2 steps: changing the back ground then changing the theme then reboot????!!!

Please help,,,,

Tnx

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
install theme > reboot > switch to theme.
Missing that reboot will cause various wierd problems unless you reset the theme, reboot, then switch back to it again.

i know, but i mean e.g. now i am using worldcity theme from ovi. Now when i change this theme to black plastic theme and then reboot, i get the back ground of the worldcity theme instead of black plastic back ground theme.

It is happening every time to me when changing themes...
Hopw u understood me...

Regards

please advise

Noooooooooooooo one!!!!!!

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Install theme. Reboot. Choose theme. Wait.

On my phone it takes some time for all theme features to update - earlier this morning I waited for 40 minutes before it redirected the battery icon for Black Plastic to the correct ones for the theme. And the background image took a good minute or two.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Install theme. Reboot. Choose theme. Wait.

On my phone it takes some time for all theme features to update - earlier this morning I waited for 40 minutes before it redirected the battery icon for Black Plastic to the correct ones for the theme. And the background image took a good minute or two.
No no no. Right way to do it is:
- install theme
- choose theme
- reboot

During boot the Maemo OS refreshes all theme elements, so that's why it's required / recommended.

But the opening poster seems to have some other issue if his backgrounds aren't changing.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
yea, i am really having this issue every time changing the themes and really getting annoyed,,

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
yea, i am really having this issue every time changing the themes and really getting annoyed,,
Make a backup using the built-in backup program and then reflash the device and restore backup. That's what I would do

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
will try then..
Thnx