Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
http://www.pokemonworldonline.net/index.php?A=DLS

Can we get an application that would run and connect on the n900 for this so you could play it on the phone?

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Didn't really want to register an account to check.. but from what I can tell this is only for Windows? and certainly not open source... so no there is pretty much no hope for this.

(Not to mention not many 9 year olds own N900's)

EDIT: Apparently I can't even register... its a closed release of a closed source game... yeah never gonna happen.

If your desperate for a pokemon fix grab the GB, GBA or N64 emulator...

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
There is already a discussion about this in the forum of that game.
http://forum.playerdex.com/Index.php...on-your-iphone

And it seems the developer is going to write a new client some time, but in Java...

Whats with all these MMOs rewriting in Java? And generally using x86 only libraries? =/

Was actually looking the other day at Mirage Source (2D MMO) and its open source written in VB6 (no idea of the difficulties recompiling this) and its also being rewritten for java.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
its open source written in VB6 (no idea of the difficulties recompiling this)
No chance. VB6 doesn't really compile and is Microsoft Windows only. You have to rewrite / port the code.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
No chance. VB6 doesn't really compile and is Microsoft Windows only. You have to rewrite / port the code.
I figured as much. I do recall reading of a VB6 to C++ converter somewhere... but I would very much doubt its efficiency. It's a shame TMW is the only MMO to grace our lovely N900... I figured something like the Playerworlds engine would fit fantastically on a tablet.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
I once messed with Mirage Source. My project was to compile it to Delphi instead of VB6, but that was back in my windows time.
Does anybody know where to download Mirage Source these days? Could be a fun "little" project for C++ and SDL. (I have got no experience with networking though)

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I once messed with Mirage Source. My project was to compile it to Delphi instead of VB6, but that was back in my windows time.
Does anybody know where to download Mirage Source these days? Could be a fun "little" project for C++ and SDL. (I have got no experience with networking though)
http://www.mirage-realms.com/main/?page=downloads

I'd kill to see something like that :P And should you get far enough I'd be pretty keen to help set up a Maemo server :P

Project Dustmite on the same page is a rewrite in Java that hasn't gotten passed a chat client... perhaps if you after some networking practice that'd be a place to start? These projects usually die well before completion though so I wouldn't sit around waiting for it.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Ah thanks, downloaded it, and I will take some look at it later on. I just got home from 2 weeks of hiking in Greenland, and haven't slept for more than 24 hours.
The best thing is that VB6 sources can be open directly via a text editor.

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ah thanks, downloaded it, and I will take some look at it later on. I just got home from 2 weeks of hiking in Greenland, and haven't slept for more than 24 hours.
The best thing is that VB6 sources can be open directly via a text editor.
Lol nice. Hmm on further inspection Mirage appears to be pretty much dead.. if you are going to the effort of trying.. why not try with latest? Which appears to be Eclipse.

Also of note is they have a java version on Google Code:

http://code.google.com/p/eclipse-mmorpgmaker/

No idea how far along it is =X but maybe with a simple compile and using arm libraries it'll run out of box?