Sometimes my desktops icons do not respond when i touch them. to get into certain apps i have to navigate thru the top left app button. when i reset functionality of the icon return. swiping to other desktop are ok. also when messages come in those links that pop up or the tsk selector icons do not work either.

does anyone know whats goin on?

I see you haven't had a reply to this, not sure if it's anywhere else on the forum (I haven't searched yet, just joined)... anyway... I have the same issue as you, the only solution so far is to restart the phone. Can sometimes happen upon restart sometimes up to a few days before the issue arises again!

Just to add to this subject... I have tried removing all additional widgets and left simply the shortcut icons, etc, but still the same issue; reinstalled and changed themes, but still the same issue. So I've tried some troubleshooting, and the issue is still there; appears to have started upon updating to Maemo 10.2010.19-1.205.1.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zürich, Switzerland
I have the same issue here: none of my desktops icons do respond when i touch them. After resetting the N900 everything works fine. After a while, the desktop icons stop working.
I installed the latest update of Maemo (1.2). Any idea how to resolve this issue? Is it possible to re-install the desktop without having to flash the device?

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
The latest update of Maemo is 1.3.

This is most likely caused by Desktop command execution widget. Try not to use it and see if the problem persists

I have the same problem with desktop shortcuts not working.

I have the latest update pr1.3

Is it possible to restart the desktop without restarting the phone?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
In xterm enter the command:

killall hildon-home

nicolai

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
I will try that next time the desktop shortcut's freeze.

I have recently updated to PR1.3 which was successful although my desktop freezes several times each day now and although the desktops will allow me to flick between them, I am unable to use any of the widgets?

The only way to get the phone to function is to restart it. Any ideas?

I never had this issue with PR1.2 so I am guessing that there is something not quite right with the update, but what!!!

It is all good and well using the killall function although this is not so practical if you have your phone in your pocket and have not realised that it has frozen as you don't receive text messages whilst the handset is in this state!!

Tags
hildon bug, hildon-home bug