Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ireland
Oh what could have been

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10947784

That vid actually makes me sick.

Full flash, and quite responsive, nice bit of press.
Notice the "full website not mobile version!" exclamation.

How anyone could say Nokia haven't dropped the ball on this, I don't know, Full flash video was a primary in my decision to purchase.

N900 is still a great phone, but could have been, should have been, so much better.

(I know someone will attack me for this post, but tell me that vid doesn't make you feel sick.)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GotGlint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
It's okay, though! I've been told that you can trick Flash 9.x on the N900 to identify itself as Flash 10.x, thereby letting stuff try to play/run. I can't help thinking someone at Nokia is muttering, "That should pacify you f***ers!"

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
maybe its time to switch?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
It's a known fact that the N900 "could" be so much better with more Nokia support. But I still enjoy my phone to the max so I guess thats all that really matters to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post:
most people still using n900 is in denial. 6 more months n900 will be history. Even nokia have abandoned us from Day 1. I really hope meego succeed but it i doubt it. Once GingerBread comes out meego will REALLY need to out do it in terms of feature(s) and APPS. If the apps side suffers then it is all over...

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I don't get this infinite trumpeting of Google's Android as the hottest fuzz around. I for one find Android too limited and the vanilla Android UI to look boring as hell. This combined with devices not really matching my tastes (the physical qwerty slide-out keyboards being odd by norm), I for one can say that Android isn't for everyone!

Sure, I would like that Flash 10 support, but for me Flash10 is a minor deficit, because 99,7% of the web's content still plays on my N900 or am I wrong? Also, unlike Android, the MeeGo UI's we've seen so far have all looked better than vanilla Android UIs and the Nokia one looked better than any Sense UI I've ever seen. MeeGo just seems to pack the functionality and power of Maemo to go with the eyecandy and great expandibility.

So when I see this kind of raving about "Android this Android that therefore I'm such a sucker to have the N900" I must feel that we're sliding towards a "cultural degredation" in terms of having multiple OS's around. It's always about finding just one OS instead of liking many, and because Android is American it receives inherently more attention. God knows in Finland we trumpet Nokia's achievements like nobody else's (well we used to before it became hip to diss Nokia). This makes Android inherently the only viable OS in many (American blogger) people's minds.

Sorry didn't mean to fanboy rant here, as my next device will be MeeGo but not necessarily Nokia's MeeGo.

EDIT: And what's with the stutter in the videos in that demo!

Last edited by cjp; 2010-08-12 at 17:11.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
Saw the video first thing this morning, thanks to the rss feeder on my wonderful N900

Typical bbc not doing their research properly

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
yawn........

edit:
i watch full flash10 vids on my n900 via nitdroid on vimeo.com
(without any lag or problems)

Last edited by leetut; 2010-08-12 at 20:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
6 more months n900 will be history.
In 6 months we should have a fully functional NITDroid 2.2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
In 6 months we should have a fully functional NITDroid 2.2
need ginger bread or whatever biscuit type android 3 is... then when Sony release that gaming phonee we can pinch all the emulators WOOP!