Active Topics

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Hey everyone,

My a lot of my widgets keep disappearing, someone suggested that I use desktop act man to save the desktop configuration and restore them if they ever disappeared. I tried this and they still don't restore.

Have any of you found a better solution?

Thanks

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
Desktop Act Man works perfect for me..

can you be more specific? which widget is disappearing and how frequently..

Well I have several that disappear. Like: recaller, bluez switch, shake2control, omweather, simple-fmtx-widget, connection-switcher, conversations inbox, touch-search, gps data logger, pedometer widget, personal IP, personal data plan monitor, shutter.

Probably too many widgets, but they still disappear lol. It happens about every 2 days.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Well I have several that disappear. Like: recaller, bluez switch, shake2control, omweather, simple-fmtx-widget, connection-switcher, conversations inbox, touch-search, gps data logger, pedometer widget, personal IP, personal data plan monitor, shutter.

Probably too many widgets, but they still disappear lol. It happens about every 2 days.
thats too many for sure... either one of them may be buggy which inturn will crash hildon-home.. me too observed this in the past.. try removing the conversations inbox, search and all gps related widgets..
im sure there are no issues with omweather and shutter.. the only 2 i use from your list... no wonder i get more than 1 day battery..lol

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
conversations inbox and fmtx are the only ones i have from your list and they never dissapear for me,
and desktop act man has never worked for me, it doesnt do anything or save anything, guess our phones all have a mind of their own!

Well it turns out that Recaller is the culprit. I have auto recording enabled and sometimes when I get a call, recaller crashes and all of my widgets disappear :/.

Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post

its true, i have the same problems and i have just a few widgets on there. This phone make me want to smash it, i hate the it. It has all kinds of problems.

Help!!!!!!! My n900 was freezing up a lot so i reinstalled the latest firmware via nokia software updater but when it was done it will not install any of the apps i had on it before, why???????

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
soldyaboy
I bet you have problems if you have more than official widgets installed :|

.edit
what do you mean that you cant install?app manager is not working?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Northpole
Yes! Thought I was losing my mind about widgets going *poof !*. Nameday, yellow memo note, personal photo frame, currency exchange plus foreca weather shortcut (not a widget !) disappear from different screens at the same time on occasion.
Very strange indeed ;/