Active Topics

Google Calendar API available for Python
http://code.google.com/apis/calendar...de_python.html

While looking into Web access in Python in hopes of making a desktop widget for Exchange Outlook Mobile Access - EG - Exchange mail notifier for the N800 Maemo desktop. I found the Google Calendar API is available for Python.

This opens up a great opportunity for a desktop calendaring widget.
I'm only just starting on Python, and I think this level of project is currently above my head, so maybe someone else will find the API use full? a dev a Google desktop applet? Reminders would be nice.

Also
http://libgmail.sourceforge.net/
libgmail — Python binding for Google's Gmail service

Last edited by DryLand404; 2007-04-27 at 15:32.

I am also looking to great some google apps for the n800. In addition to gcal and gmail, I also want to interface with google notebook as well as (non-google) Remember The Milk. I am also new to python, send me a message if you are interested in collaborating

I believe Tahitibob's erminig uses this API, maybe it could give you a head start.

Is there any calandar that can be placed on the start-up screen? I would be nice to look at my N800 and see a calandar...

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Originally Posted by mdanehart View Post
Is there any calandar that can be placed on the start-up screen? I would be nice to look at my N800 and see a calandar...

Do you mean as wallpaper?

I think he meant as an applet, which I would like to know as well

I assume that is 'wallpaper'. I have the Fm radio, RSS reader and whatnot. It would be nice once the system is up and running I would have a calendar in front of my eyes.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
GPE Calendar has a option for reminders to be displayed as a applet I am not sure if is a separate deb.