Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Title says it all...

More info at: Engadget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COimGlPmRpo

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
super duper, why would i do that on a mobile device if i already have a desktop computer ?

you know what? i think all this uber-techno crap is just about who has a bigger one ...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i don't think Rage will ever going to be on the N900. Because the developer is aiming at a large mass market like the iphone and the droid. More phone sold more customers more money. N900 sales wasn't even reached the million mark. So guess it won't

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Name another high level third party - think: Electronic Arts, UbiSoft - that's on the N900 right now.

I seriously doubt that ID Software will come out with Rage on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Is that video is fast forwarded? Oh dear i´m getting headache from bad videos. [rant]Having also seen too many bad videos about N900 & apps, shaky cam, no focus, weak lights, someone talking 10 minutes of basic feature and praising it....aaarghhhh how that comic goes? Fuuuuuuuk[/rant]

Rage on N900? Why on earth someone would spend time on such a niche developers device?*

*To learn QT and platform for next device that is meant to be for averages joes.

Well it is Id making the software, and who works at Id? John Carmack. What is John Carmack known for? Open source love.

So while I can pretty confidentally say that we will not be seeing this in the near future, I can also with some level of confidence say we will probably see it down the road when it's been made open source. (read 10 years down the road.

2d

Funny thing is.. Carmack never loved any PowerVR technology back in the old Quake days.. Now he is raving about its successor on an iphone..

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Funny thing is.. Carmack never loved any PowerVR technology back in the old Quake days.. Now he is raving about its successor on an iphone..
he's creating products for a good selling platform. is this so unbelievable?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Unfortunately (?) this can be seen as technical seal of approval for the iPhone 4 platform..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

controls wouldn't work on the n900 and everyone knows that no company would release a game with sub standard controls, perhaps on the n9 as that has a touch pad if Im correct... then maybe a port to n900 with auto-aim, seriously why would anyone want to play a game like this on the n900?

Quake3 was good as a demo to show your mates but it's wasn't a game I would say was perfect. stick to console emu's I say as they have buttons instead of a mouse