Active Topics

So we all know about the screen glitch on incoming calls (which i have) but there's something else i find even more annoying.
My phone rings in my pocket and either goes into silent mode or rejects the call. I'd say 7/10 of my calls do this. I'm thinking my sceen is active for a split second when it rings or something? Sometimes i only feel a quick vibration n when i get my phone out its as if no one even called? I'm sure its not just me as i'm on the same firmware and experiencing the same problems as everyone else but i've not managed to find a topic about this problem/bug.
Is anyone else getting this too?
Nath

Last edited by natedog400; 2010-08-21 at 11:48.

yes.I have the same problem.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
I'm having the same issue, but in my case it happens while it's in the PDAir case. As soon as I try to pull the N900 out of the case it either silences the call or it picks up and hangs up before I can even get it out.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
do you have magnets nearby?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
How are you touching/holding the phone as you pull it out?

I had some issues, but found if I extract the phone from its cover by gently pulling on the phone charm, I don't touch anything and accidentally give the phone a wrong instruction. If you touch the screen or any of the hardware buttons, I think you risk telling it something. There's also the issue of it heading to silent/reject if you make it think you turned it face down.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
the screen unlocks itself when you receive a call, most likely you're pressing the screen as you pull it out.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
the screen unlocks itself when you receive a call, most likely you're pressing the screen as you pull it out.
I think that is what is happening. But then the question is how do I stop it? I basically just grab the sides of the case and I pull on the corners of the phone, careful not to touch the volume buttons. I can't come up with any other way of sliding the phone out of the case that would touch the screen any less.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sao Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
The screen is unlocked only if the proximity sensor (or light sensor) shows that the phone is not in the pocket.

Put your finger in the sensors, covering it, and make a call for the N900. The screen will not be unlocked. Uncover the sensors and the screen is on....cover again and.....screen locked!

Originally Posted by jaguilar View Post
The screen is unlocked only if the proximity sensor (or light sensor) shows that the phone is not in the pocket.

Put your finger in the sensors, covering it, and make a call for the N900. The screen will not be unlocked. Uncover the sensors and the screen is on....cover again and.....screen locked!
I know this but the problem is when its still in the pocket, still in darkness? My calls are rejected or answered or whatever before i even touch the dam thing?? I always have the screen facing my leg too to avoid screen damage so the sensor can't be receiving light to unlock the screen for any buttons to be pressed? Its a bug of somekind n needs sorting. The N900 is a wicked piece of kit but lets not forget its still a phone and i don't remember having these call related problems with any 3210's or even my first mobile ever, the nokia ringo (nice) Making and receiving calls should be the last thing to go wrong on a PHONE. Especially one as trick as this. Know what i mean guys?
Nath

Just thought i'd say, i didn't have any of these problems before pr1.2 update. Oh well, roll on 1.3 n hopefully all bugs gone!