The music player of N900 has very limited options. Today i tried creating a playlist.

1) When a song is playing, in menu when I select the option of saving the playlist, It saves all the songs that are present in my handset

2) When I select some next track and save it into the playlist, first of all it does'nt display the previously saved playlist in some dropdown I have to manually type the name of the playlist again and this time it ask if I want to override the existing playlist.

I have 500 songs and I want to create a playlist of 10 selected songs, how can I do that?

say u want the playlist of songs from #1 to #10, first go for the albums view, say u have 3 songs in some X album n u want song number 2 to be in ur playlist.
play any song in the album n then remove song 1 and 3 from now playin list (which u can do it by click+hold on that specific song). now u have only song number 2 in now playing so u can pause the song and go back to albums n go for "all songs" view n by doing click+hold on ur chosen 10 songs u can add them to now playin.
when u r done addin just save the list.
or u can connect ur mobile to ur pc n install ovi player n create playlist from pc n then move them to ur n900 (just like with itunes player).
hope this helps

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
or install tomamp. a music player in itself, but also saves playlists that the default player can read.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
hello all.

my genres iis all messed up.

i used MP3TAG to edit all my mp3s.....what can I do?

easier way is to create a playlist on itunes for e.g and then simply transfer that onto the n900 using the free programm "salling media sync"

anybody tried adding/removing a song from an existing playlist?

Originally Posted by bertolt View Post
anybody tried adding/removing a song from an existing playlist?
Like a mentioned earlier. Whenver I add currently played song onto a playlist, all 500 songs present in my handset will get into that playlist and then I remove 490 songs from that list step by step is time consuming job.

I want to make differnt kind of playlist like, rock, hip hop etc and i will follow such a lenthy procedure dose'nt make any sense. I have to wait for next firmware upgrade so that they make some imporvement with the music player

Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
Like a mentioned earlier. Whenver I add currently played song onto a playlist, all 500 songs present in my handset will get into that playlist and then I remove 490 songs from that list step by step is time consuming job.

I want to make differnt kind of playlist like, rock, hip hop etc and i will follow such a lenthy procedure dose'nt make any sense. I have to wait for next firmware upgrade so that they make some imporvement with the music player
no,no...
1. open a song/album for playing.
2. press on 'now playing' tab. choose the option 'clear now playing'.
3. select a song from the album/artists/genre/all songs by pressing on the song until a menu option pops out.
4. choose 'add to now playing'.

at this point only 1 song is in the now playing list. you can view it by pressing the arrow button on the lower right corner of the media player screen. you can add more songs to the playing list by foll. steps 3 and 4.

when done, press on the 'now playing' tab and choose 'save playlist'. you can enter the name of the new playlist.

you can add the current playlist but i don't know how to remove a song from the playlist.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bertolt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by bertolt View Post
you can add the current playlist but i don't know how to remove a song from the playlist.
in now playing, click the album art to show all the songs, hold the song you want to delete, then select "delete from now playing." click now playing at the top, and click save playlist as the same name to replace original playlist

The Following User Says Thank You to excelar8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
in now playing, click the album art to show all the songs, hold the song you want to delete, then select "delete from now playing." click now playing at the top, and click save playlist as the same name to replace original playlist
thanks. good enuf altho it asks for a playlist name again and saves another file even if the name is identical. wish it could overwrite the existing playlist.