Hi all, I have spent the whole afternoon today trying to create my first application, and luckily, everything worked out the way I wanted eventually!
At first I did not have much of an idea on what to make considering my very limited knowledge. In the end, I decided to make a grocery PLU code look-up application. I use to work at a grocery store as a cashier so I sometimes find this useful.
I've only made this application to familiarize myself with the whole concept of developing on the n900. I doubt many would ever considering using this so it probably won't be uploaded to the repositories.
However, I would really like to hear some feedback and suggestions on what I can do!
Also, I'd like to ask how to create the drop down menu ( for settings etc ) when you click on the application name at the top.
Thanks! and here is a screenshot of the app running!
( currently have no idea how to upload the app )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iareraccoon For This Useful Post:
Are you using GTK or Qt?

Here are some Qt examples (drop down menu etc.): http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-maemo-4.6...es-maemo5.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diph For This Useful Post:
looks cool! What are your working on? What sdk, what os? Nokia QT sdk comes with a lot of easy to understand samples that can teach you how to make menus.

The Following User Says Thank You to abubakar For This Useful Post:
He does say Qt in the title :-)

You only need to create a plain "system" menu in Qt Designer, it will be converted automatically when you run the app on the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
He does say Qt in the title :-)
Who reads titles anyways?