Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
Nokia and AT&T have just announced a $10 million App Developer Contest. I know there are alot of N900 app developers. This is the time to give your app exposure because the winner also wins USD 6 million in marketing promotion by Nokia and AT&T in the North American market.
More information can be found here. (Click here for more info)

Last edited by txh; 2010-09-24 at 06:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to txh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Beeeecause the N900 was MADE to work so well with AT&T? Let's hope THIS doesn't become as misguided as Nokia's designing around T-Mobile did, eh?

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Beeeecause the N900 was MADE to work so well with AT&T? Let's hope THIS doesn't become as misguided as Nokia's designing around T-Mobile did, eh?
I totally agree with you danramos. I think they have ignored the American market for quite a bit of time and I think they are trying hard now to gain a reasonable amount of the American market. (They own the rest of the world though

This is most likely for Symbian^3 apps, not for the currently abandoned Maemo. Well, maybe a Meego app might win something, although I doubt it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Won't the S^3 apps run on maemo and meego?

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
as misguided as Nokia's designing around the rest of the world did, eh?
With the N900, I can go around the world and get 3(.5)G data service in nearly every country. Perhaps if the US wasn't stuck using CDMA and weird frequencies (AT&T) we wouldn't have such spotty coverage.

And maybe if we could actually keep the carriers in check, things might not suck so badly in terms of handset options here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
maybe it is for qt apps?

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Now all we need is for an upgrade for our N900's so that we can use AT&T's 3G/3.5G service like my trusty E71. My N900 is stuck on 2.5 on AT&T. Is it hardware based or software based ? Ugh, Nokia does it again !

The Following User Says Thank You to louiegoat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
If it runs on the N8, it qualifies. So you can write an app in Qt if you want. It just needs to be published to the N8 apps store. Of course you'd know this if you read the linked page...

Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
Now all we need is for an upgrade for our N900's so that we can use AT&T's 3G/3.5G service like my trusty E71. My N900 is stuck on 2.5 on AT&T. Is it hardware based or software based ? Ugh, Nokia does it again !
It's a hardware issue... And it's a bit late to complain now. Nokia, for whatever reason, already made the decision not to make another version that works on the major North American providers. They would have announced something 6-8 months ago if they thought it would be profitable.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-09-24 at 18:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
It's hardware based

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txh For This Useful Post: