Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
well let me start with a big thank u to the plastic theme pack, now what i love about this package is the transitions, damm they made my n900 go fast, and now i can't go back to the default ones, they make my phone feels very slow, even the menu scrolling gets faster, but it has one problem, hoping that it gets solved with this post, the background gets zoomed in in the menu, wich not only makes it look bad, the icons are somehow not so visible with a white background or the default blue water backgrounds, the background in the menu gets badand all that, and i can only use a black background(i'm sick of black backgrounds), so is there a way to keep the black plastic theme transitions, but with a proper menu background ??????????????

Last edited by elie-7; 2010-09-29 at 11:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Yes basically.

You need to change the transition.ini file located in /usr/share/hildon-desktop.

I think you can get the desired effect that you want but going in there and finding the brightness setting under the [home] heading. You can have a value between 0 and 1.

0 = Black
1= Normal

Set it to 0 and the background of the menu will be black, even if you have a white desktop background.

Set it to something like 0.2 to have a little of your desktop background show through in the menu. 0.4 is default.

If you need any help with that just say and i'll put it in detail how to do it

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
that would be awesome (gpe file manager didn't let me do it), and i messed up everything, do u know how can i restore my original transitions first, than get on editing the transitions .

i messed it up with gpe file manager and some x-terminal commands, do u have any idea on how to restore original settings (original transitions.ini ) ?????? than we can work on fixing the black plastic theme transitions .

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=231

original transitions.ini

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
thanks mate, its all well now.
where can i find the transitions.ini of the black plastic theme package ?? so i can edit it and set the menu background to the default ????
and by the way this is all done by my n900 (copy the transitions.ini to MyDocs, open it and edit it with notes, than removing the transitions.ini from /usr/share/hildon-desktop and than replacing it with the edited one .
now all what i want to change is the brightness to 0.4 and the zoom to 0.9 .

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
thanks mate, its all well now.
where can i find the transitions.ini of the black plastic theme package ?? so i can edit it and set the menu background to the default ????
and by the way this is all done by my n900 (copy the transitions.ini to MyDocs, open it and edit it with notes, than removing the transitions.ini from /usr/share/hildon-desktop and than replacing it with the edited one .
now all what i want to change is the brightness to 0.4 and the zoom to 0.9 .
It isn't so simple....
To change the briteness you have even to enable the radius and radius more value ... because if set to 0 you won't be able to decrease the brightness

By the way ... try the attached transition.ini..
It is the black plastic one with some modifications made by me

Extract it and put it in /usr/share/hildon-desktop and set the black plastic theme in order to use the ORIGINAL transitions ... Because if you set the custum transitions the theme will use his own original without the brightness decreased .
Attached Files
File Type: zip transitions.zip (2.4 KB, 135 views)

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
you can use transition control too.
its in the repos.
i use the black plastic theme but my own transitions cause i made mine ultra fast(the app menu scrolling was too slow)

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

@dany-69 i like what u did there, but its just not my transitions....i would go for the plastic themeones.
@atilla any idea on what settings should i change in the plastic themepack transitions ? so my background don't look so ugly in the menu, the zooming of the background in the menu should be 0.9 and the brightness should be 0.4, but if i did these to the black plastic transitions they go back to the default transitions when the menu is openned .

and btw can u please share your fast settings, can btw does tweaking the transitipns harm the phone ?

@dany-69 i like what u did there, but its just not my transitions....i would go for the plastic themeones.
@atilla any idea on what settings should i change in the plastic themepack transitions ? so my background don't look so ugly in the menu, the zooming of the background in the menu should be 0.9 and the brightness should be 0.4, but if i did these to the black plastic transitions they go back to the default transitions when the menu is openned .

and btw can u please share your fast settings, can btw does tweaking the transitions harm the phone ?