Active Topics

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
I'm just laughing over here, got my N900 last night, been fiddling with it and got the wifi access codes for my work, and their WPA2 key is 64 chars long!! It's killing me typing this thing in, and when I try it, LOL it only lets me type in 63 chars, HAHAHA

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple, or I may just download some apps tonight on my home network to manage keys, but this is just funny to me.

Thoughts? (was hoping to get xkobo loaded for a meeting in an hour LOL)

****Nevermind. WPA Key editor. See what one can do when one is not trying to lookup info on talk.maemo while in meetings? Lesson, go home, get a beer, and pay attention!**** LOL

Last edited by coderedcomputing; 2010-09-30 at 00:25.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
I'm just laughing over here, got my N900 last night, been fiddling with it and got the wifi access codes for my work, and their WPA2 key is 64 chars long!! It's killing me typing this thing in, and when I try it, LOL it only lets me type in 63 chars, HAHAHA
Please see "problem with typing 64 digit WiFi key! problem with ALL NOKIA INTERNET TABLETS???"

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
you can email the key to yourself, ctrl-c it from the email (you have to click reply), and ctrl-v it to the proper place, just to be sure.

edit: or, even better, look at the thread posted above

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by m0da View Post
you can email the key to yourself
Probably need wifi access to receive email I keep around an SD card with my commonly used wifi keys that I can stick into whatever and copy and paste. Also BT (bluetooth not bittorrent!) transfer is useful for this kind of thing.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by m0da View Post
you can email the key to yourself, ctrl-c it from the email (you have to click reply), and ctrl-v it to the proper place, just to be sure.
buy another n900 and joikuspot wifi and use that connection to access your email to copy paste the key in on the original n900