Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ upstate ny
Hi guys, i burnt a hole in my screen digitizer so i cant use the touch screen...before i send it to repair i want to get into MASS storage and copy my stuff to my PC....how can i do this without the touch screen

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Do you have SSH installed? If so, SSH in and simply mount/copy the data to a microSD card, or sftp the data out. If not... Why didn't you install SSH?

ctrl+shift+x should open an xterm.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

thanx...i got terminal open....what do i do now?? and no i didnt install SSH

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Depending on your pc system, use mass storage mode and the usb cable. Surely the easiest...

i plug in the USB but i cannot select mass storage because the screen cant sense any touch

turn your phone off then connect it to the PC with the usb cable. it automatically goes to mass storage mode

Misread. Ignore me.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
does it really matter? I mean, can't u copy files even when you are connected in 'PC-Suite' mode?

Saying that, try connecting the USB cable to the N900 and Computer. Then PC suite should say that the phone is connected in an incompatible mode or something similar. It could be worthwhile trying to play around and get to the files. By the way, this is only with Windows Machines I believe.

On a side note, how did you manage to burn a hole?

Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
does it really matter? I mean, can't u copy files even when you are connected in 'PC-Suite' mode?

Saying that, try connecting the USB cable to the N900 and Computer. Then PC suite should say that the phone is connected in an incompatible mode or something similar. It could be worthwhile trying to play around and get to the files. By the way, this is only with Windows Machines I believe.

On a side note, how did you manage to burn a hole?
No it does not. You have to select Mass Storage or PC suite. It does nothing if you don't press it on the touch screen