Active Topics

Notices

Is there an app for transfering files over my wireless internet?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I would use OpenSSH.. you need to learn how it works though. But it is exelent for doing this kind of things.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

Answer: Yes you can.

Your second question: How?

Our Answer: From where to where... what OS (assuming you are talking about a computer)

When ask ask a question always provide the available information regarding this question.

The Following User Says Thank You to acvetkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i don't know any of it for computer. as all of them. as program has to know to whom to connect and what to share. so it would be server on one side and slient on other(ftp, samba e.g.) but u can think about p2p realization i think as wel

Install OpenSSH as AlMehdi said, then assuming your PC is Windows based and you want to transfer between you PC and your phone install WinSCP
The beauty of WinSCP and OpenSSH is that you have full access to the entrie phone, so be careful as you will have root access.
Your documents storage on your phone is:
/home/user/MyDocs

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
or you could use dropbox, with dropn900 app installed on the phone

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by berlinermaxe View Post
try this:
http://www.pocket.at/maemo/?p=5700
TinySMB gets my vote too. It's the best solution for easy sharing with your Windows-based friends, and has quite a nice "wow" factor

It's a bit of a hassle to have to edit the config file & restart the server every time your IP address changes though.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
It depends which way you want to do the copying. If your using the networked device to do it then the aforementioned ways are probably the best - TinySMB at the forefront for those using a gui to do the copying.

If you want to use the n900 to do the copying then my preference is to use Wizard-mounter to mount the network pc share on your n900 and then use filebox or the filemanager to copy files accross.