Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Hi all,

My icon backgrounds have disappeared and im not sure why.

The icons I mean are when you add a shortcut to the desktop (e.g. web) and then it has the semi-transparent background there.

I know the locations of the files concerned:

Code:
/usr/share/themes/[THEME]/images/ApplicationShortcutAppletPressed.png
/usr/share/themes/[THEME]/images/ApplicationShortcutApplet.png
I have them files inside of the theme folder I am using but they just dont seem to be showing. I have other themes and it has the files present but still do not show on the desktop. I also have Black Plastic Themes where it give you the option to have the backgrounds on or off, so i set it to off and then back on to see if that would fix it.

The theme i was using at the time of this 'problem' was d-theme red, and have been fine for many weeks, then the phone had an issue and so i rebooted it (using the button in system_ui.xml) upon coming back I had no icon backgrounds?

Reboots since and messing with the theme settings have not brought it back so im not sure whats doing it. Id rather not flash, so i'll use that as a last resort.

Any ideas guys? Cheers

Last edited by kaos_king; 2010-10-25 at 13:19. Reason: Grammar

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Have you got theme customizer installed. When I installed it, it automatically removed my icon backgrounds.

The Following User Says Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Weirdly yes i do have it installed, however I have never directly downloaded it?

Has it come with any recent updates, for instance, black plastic theme?

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
I don't think so. Not sure though. It may have come as a dependancy of a plastic pack add-on.

Updated: No. Its not a dependancy. Don't know how that ended up on your device without you knowing!

Last edited by bigears5000; 2010-10-26 at 05:55. Reason: Updatd

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Weirdly yes i do have it installed, however I have never directly downloaded it?

Has it come with any recent updates, for instance, black plastic theme?
Yes that is your problem right there.
That app can easily destroy your Theme setting and OS setting.
I installed it last time and reboot my whole Nokia Nseries theme became unrepairable and I have to reflash.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Yes that is your problem right there.
That app can easily destroy your Theme setting and OS setting.
I installed it last time and reboot my whole Nokia Nseries theme became unrepairable and I have to reflash.
Im still at a loss as to how it got on my phone! lol

Flashed to pr1.3 anyway so its gone

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
you you use theme customizer to restore the icon background, just reverse the icon background opacity. Maybe it got installed with black plastic add on pack?

Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
you you use theme customizer to restore the icon background, just reverse the icon background opacity. Maybe it got installed with black plastic add on pack?
I don't think it installed it when I first installed the add on packs, but I think it was included in one of the recent updates of the packs.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
d-illvl has it set to install auto now.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
I don't think it installed it when I first installed the add on packs, but I think it was included in one of the recent updates of the packs.
Plastic Addon Pack 2 (the pleego one) depends now on pleego-icon-pack which depends on theme-customizer, so that's why you got it installed automaticly when you updated the Plastic Addon Pack 2 to latest.

For non-visible widgets; please check your settings at Theme Customizer and make sure that you haven't set the Widget Opacity to zero.

And also if things gets ****ed up when using Theme Customizer there's no need for reflash, just open the Theme Customizer and tap the top bar and choose to restore from backup. It will then restore all files modified by Theme Customizer to their original state.

If you fail to get Theme Customizer open, you can restore the files from terminal by typing:
Code:
/sbin/launchcustomizer restorefilespushed
Note: that must be ran by regular user, so no sudo gainroots or anything before that command

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post: