Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
I really want to try meego on my phone but sadly i dont use linux and i dont have any knowldge about that phone so please tell me is it recommended for me or not coz i dont want to harm my phone.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
No. It's developer preview version. Not for the users yet. Wait for the February 2011.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Not only is it not recommended, but at this stage you would be taking a significant risk for no particular gain, I would say. My advice is that you not even think about it till you see normal users talking about how great it is with multiple exclamation points. If that ever happens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
the phone doesnt work. like, it only works on speakerphone. meego 1.2 might be an easier option for you when it gets released early next year. It will make all your work more worth it.

wont it be wierd for meego to be on 1.3, and us using pr 1.3 ? I mean eventually those are gonna catch up to eachother.

The Following User Says Thank You to roger_27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
um... right now the only handsets (phones) you can run MeeGo on is the N900 and the Aava handsets, and if I'm not mistaken the Aava handset is not available to the general public.

MeeGo 1.1 is a developer's release and not intended for general usage.

Read through the installation instructions yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
thanks guys