Hi guys I was just wanting your opinions on the HTC Desire HD, after having my n900 since Janaury I feel it's time for something abit faster and newer.

So whats your thoughts on the phone itself, and how its compares to the n900? Thanks

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I'd wait for N9 to show up its spec and support first. I'm not keen to go Android yet. Though there are heaps of games and stuff but Android doesn't have internatinalised language support like Maemo and MeeGO.

Something you can't get it to work because of the limitation of Android, oh the task switch of Android is a joke

I would have it in my hands now but no 3g in the USA! No 3G no buy...,period! So I'll wait on this one until a equivalent or better comes out with 3g/4g.Also..., that phone has small battery and is a power hungry beast! It's battery is smaller than the is father the "Nexus!" The battery life on my next phone cannot be the same or worse then the N900 because I plan to use my next phone....,well as a phone and the N900 as a backup. You know because the N900 is kinda a Hybrid Mobile Computer/Phone. As for the Android OS..., It "Honors" the word or term "Smart Phone" in my personal experience with it.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i really like the look of it but theres no keyboard, the desire z has one but its got less processing power 850mhz compared to 1ghz on the HD, and the internal memory is not up to scratch on either, was waiting for the n9 doubt we will see that for a long time yet, apparently nokia are making sure it not half baked like the n97 and n900 were when released, and iphone4 white is probs just around the corner if anyone fancies a girly phone

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
iphone4 white is probs just around the corner if anyone fancies a girly phone
White iPhone 4 has been delayed till spring 2011.

LOL.. i have to say that android is kinda in a battle with meego for me, i mean, meego is not perfect but if they do what they say, combined with the N9 specs (imaginary) then Motorola has a hard time coming back, im sorry but Ive had the iPhone 4 for a week and i got bored (thats just me)

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
does it matter? its nothing new compared to other Android devices, same OS different device, only thing that i like is the screen size

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
I was so bored so I made a quick preview on Photoshop of how i would like the Nokia N9 should look like...

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/...cell%20phones/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to superhero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
oh the task switch of Android is a joke
Agreed with that. It pretty awful, but at least its somewhat useful. I think Maemo has real multitasking and iOS has a "joke" multitasking. Android's is bang-smack in the middle of those two.

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
does it matter? its nothing new compared to other Android devices, same OS different device, only thing that i like is the screen size
That's sort of true. There's many varieties of handsets available with Android but these are easily differentiated via 2 questions (killer or standard hardware? and physical keyboard?). It's not as diverse as the Symbian platform.

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
i really like the look of it but theres no keyboard, the desire z has one but its got less processing power 850mhz compared to 1ghz on the HD, and the internal memory is not up to scratch on either, was waiting for the n9 doubt we will see that for a long time yet, apparently nokia are making sure it not half baked like the n97 and n900 were when released, and iphone4 white is probs just around the corner if anyone fancies a girly phone
Desire Z has less RAM and less clockspeed on the same SoC core. But I think it is equally fast (improved Snapdragon with Adreno205) due to new software optimizations. Plus desireZ drains the battery much less than the Desire HD. Desire Z is definently the better phone except for the hinge that doesn't lock = annoying.

I wouldn't advise people to wait for the N9 as the N900 successor. Its not going to be groundbreaking, but rather to help Nokia try to catch up. If you have N900 and are happy with it, stick with it. If you're not and you want to "upgrade", do it when you want to because if you hold your breath [for the n9] you will turn purple and die ... i meant you will be very disappointed.

Last edited by Kangal; 2010-10-29 at 09:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
I was planning to get 1, but after reviewing the Very terrible speaker it has, i changed my mind.