Active Topics

Hello, all of a sudden a new contact named something that's nowhere on my phone has appeared in my contacts, and all my recently dialed numbers are merged into it.

So I want to track down what's happened here.

How do I view logs? And specifically how do I find out when a contact has been created?

Any other possible explanation?

Originally Posted by Ricardo Diaz View Post
Hello, all of a sudden a new contact named something that's nowhere on my phone has appeared in my contacts, and all my recently dialed numbers are merged into it.

So I want to track down what's happened here.

How do I view logs? And specifically how do I find out when a contact has been created?

Any other possible explanation?
Did you enable skype/google chat accounts and go online with them? If so then it drags all your contacts in from their...annoying yes.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
I experience a similar situation. I believe it happen while responeding to emails with "Nokia Messenger." It just added the name of the recipient without my knowing to my contacts. I notice because it was out of the order in which I organize my contacts. Or....you give your phone to somebody and they put their info in your phone when you wasn't looking..., perhaps they want something......... Just a thought.

I am very paranoid and never give me phone to anyone else. It was in my pocket all day yesterday. I haven't used Nokia messenger, nor Skype, nor google chat. The name of this contact "Prakash" is a name I've never heard of, and it appears nowhere in my phone.

Can someone please tell me how to check the logs and find out when the contact was created.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by Ricardo Diaz View Post
I am very paranoid and never give me phone to anyone else. It was in my pocket all day yesterday. I haven't used Nokia messenger, nor Skype, nor google chat. The name of this contact "Prakash" is a name I've never heard of, and it appears nowhere in my phone.

Can someone please tell me how to check the logs and find out when the contact was created.
"Prakash" name is an INDIAN (Hindu) name, hehehehe!!!!

Well, Halloween is coming up soon. It's probably Satan possessing your phone. I can exorcise it for you, for free even, but I'm gonna have to keep the phone. PM me and we'll set something up.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Albania
Might be Email's setting "Automatically add to contacts"...

This is not a joke... can someone tell me how to access the logs, and find out when this contact was created?

lol I once swapped db files for smses on two jailbroken iphones. Both had ssh and both had default password. :P I wonder how freaked out the owners were. xD

Last edited by aligatro; 2010-10-30 at 07:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
I know a Prakash. He is a nice guy so nothing to worry about at all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post: