I have not received an OTA indication for PR1.3 and am wondering if it is available for all hw versions.

When I enter the product code on the nokia website PR1.2 seems to be indicated as the latest available sw and when I try to use the sw updater on my PC it indicates that I have the latest sw available.

I am based in the UK on vodafone. Wondering if anyone else is in this situation?

Unfortunately I downloaded the latest version of mad-developer which does not appear to be compatible with PR1.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
It's not hardware dependent but it is region-dependent. There's various regional firmware variants, and neither of the UK (generic & Vodafone) have been released yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply and info.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
flash the global firmware.
use the power search

search for updating wiki and the first result will see you right.
just download the global firmware and the emmc image along with flasher3.5 and you'll have everything you need.

make sure you backup and transfer it to a pc first as flashing the emmc will erase your home partition which contains your home/user/MyDocs

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
I don’t think there’s any different in the firmware, but part of the members of local N900 community can’t get OTA update while others can. Just guessing, but the N900 sold here should be global version.

Would there be another factor that might play in this inconsistency ?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by nseika View Post
I don’t think there’s any different in the firmware, but part of the members of local N900 community can’t get OTA update while others can. Just guessing, but the N900 sold here should be global version.

Would there be another factor that might play in this inconsistency ?
If people have run "apt-get dist-upgrade" previously, or installed newer/older versions of any of the core packages, then this would probably have resulted in the system uninstalling the Maemo meta-package (mp-fremantle-generic-pr for the generic firmware, replace "generic" with the region code for regional variants) and they won't get any future OTA firmware updates.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by nseika View Post
I don’t think there’s any different in the firmware,
Regional variations in the power and frequencies the device can use, for one, or local laws that require all devices to be (re)tested.

I dunno why Vodafone's particular hang up is, it's not like they shove it full of '360' crap or anything, but the same thing happened with the PR1.2 release.
That said, I think it gives everyone else a chance to find the fixes and get 3rd party updates out :-)