Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
The U.S.-based blog gives a fairly thorough review of the N8. Any actual N8 users, what say you?

http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/02/nokia-n8-review/

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I read it fast and looks like that they liked many things in it but I would have appreciated more detailed analysis about software. Now it´s pretty much on level "It's not sexy". Right :| It's not! Tell me something new genius.

Actually that was pretty bad review. This page is in finnish but I hope that it gives some idea about how to make reviews and do WORK on subject:
http://www.puhelinvertailu.com/uutis...a_etta_pahassa

.edit
There is just too much opinions without really opening and analyzing stuff deeply. Makes at least me sad. Maybe good for people who do not like to read lots of text :|

..edit
They didn´t even mention usb-otg or fm transmitter. Did they really use that phone?

Last edited by slender; 2010-11-02 at 22:03.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
The most throughout and professional reviews I know belong to GSMArena.
For example, here's their N8 review.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Actually that was pretty bad review. This page is in finnish but I hope that it gives some idea about how to make reviews and do WORK on subject:
Aw man I remember reading that review just days before I managed to nab a N900 for myself. Just found my self reading through it again. Damn I love this phone.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I agree, the BGR review doesn't dig deep enough, but it works for the average American who has an attention span of a gold fish (I KID, I KID!)

Though, from the Finnish N900 review, this made me chuckle a bit:

"Maemon tulevaisuus on kirkas. Nokialla on käsissään oma jo nyt vahva, mutta tulevaisuudessa vielä vahvempi alustansa. Maemo 6 tuo tulee tuomaan mukanaan joitakin merkittäviä uudistuksia, sekä varmasti myös paljon pikkuhiontaa, jonka myötä Maemosta tulee "valmis"."

[For the non-Finns: "Maemo has a bright future. Nokia has an already strong platform which the future will further improve. Maemo 6 will bring along some notable improvements as well as some bug fixes, through which Maemo will become "complete".]

Yes. Not so much. Great success, I very excite.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
I agree, the BGR review doesn't dig deep enough, but it works for the average American who has an attention span of a gold fish
Please refrain from stereotyping whole--Hey, look! A kitty!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
The most throughout and professional reviews I know belong to GSMArena.
For example, here's their N8 review.
Sometimes GSMArena is way off with subjective nonsense and geekish projection of what 'the average user' want or even need, but on average they are one of the best together with Cnet Asia

Edit: It is also interesting to see the comparison of different devices from the reviewers and users. Obviously the N8 is highly liked by the users, much more so than other phones.

Last edited by ericsson; 2010-11-02 at 23:37.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
The U.S.-based blog gives a fairly thorough review of the N8. Any actual N8 users, what say you?

http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/02/nokia-n8-review/
Well, geez-louise! I bought a phone that doesn't appeal to me! Thank GOD!! for BRG or I never would have known! Wow, and I thought I liked it pretty well until I read that. Now I'll just have to throw rocks at it or something.. maybe.. I don't know... anyone have cookie?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This... again?

American "this" or American "that"... you guys are tireless with that. Perhaps the tech blogs in your native or well-liked countries need to be more known.

I'm off to start the bestest tech blog in Kyrgyzstan

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
i have an n8 and an n900. right now i am posting this with n900. would i post this with the n8. maybe, if i had to. i really like the hardware keyboard type devices.

tomorrow i am driving two hours and will be in like conference type shouw for a few hours at a time, tomorrow i will be taking the n8. better battery life, better one handed email, better nav.

the n8 is quite sexy to me, very nice metal and glass construction. i have used symbian before so i am used to it, but even so with shortcut widgets you can basically make it like an iphone if you wanted to(just shortcuts icons on a desktop).

not to mention the camera and the photo and video editing software...

overall i think the n8 is a superdevice. two huge areas i think it can improve:

portrait qwerty
more modern and optimized web browser(supposedly this is in the works with qtwebkit based browser)

Tags
america sucks