Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Philippines
I had an N8 for evaluation and I used it for a few days. I found the N900 superior in all aspects (except for that gorgeous 12MP camera) so the N8 is back in the box and the N900 is back at work in my pocket

The Following User Says Thank You to BongC36 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well I didn't have the N8 at any stage, but since the MeeGo device isn't coming out, I'm sticking with the N900 until I think next summer.

Instead I've upgraded my home entertainment system (to replace what I had before: nothing) and I'm really happy about this decision. Now I have stuff streaming to all my devices, including my N900 and a LED television from a network shared usb HDD. Just coolness.

Let's make this a thread about users who have recently decided to hold on to their N900s! Yea yea yea cmon share your story everybody!

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I will stick to the n900 until there is a competitive device out there... i have not yet seen one. The n900 will however never leave my side. As long as it breads i will have some use of it.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I'm keeping mine too. I'm so dedicated to it and so convinced that nothing out there comes close to matching it that i'm on the lookout for another one, so in case this one breaks i won't have to go without it.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
me too.love it.

Yea but where you gonna stick it?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Philippines
Despite its hefty weight and plain looks, nothing so far comes close to my chunky monkey pocket computer when it comes to functionality and the sheer number of things that I use it for. I mean, the N8 is nice but at the end of the day, it is just another phone. The N900 is a computer that we can actually program and tweak!

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i love it too and will stick with it until the n9 comes out

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I love my N900 too. If there's any phone that can attract me in the future, I'm sure it could only be meego phone. I've tried my gf's galaxy s, my sis's iphone 3gs and 4g. But, the only thing I can say is "I'm more comfortable with the N900 in my pocket". My battery maybe drain too fast, but I managed to get another 2 spare batteries and external charger at cheap price...

Originally Posted by BongC36 View Post
Despite its hefty weight and plain looks, nothing so far comes close to my chunky monkey pocket computer when it comes to functionality and the sheer number of things that I use it for. I mean, the N8 is nice but at the end of the day, it is just another phone. The N900 is a computer that we can actually program and tweak!
I wouldn't call it plain.