Active Topics

Notices

Hello there,

I have a problem since I updated my n900 2 PR.1.3 . The only thing is.. There are some apps now that I can't Install no more( I found out when I was trying to install TweeGo). They are not shown in the app manager. I can't find them in the Downloads tab, and they are not shown in the Delete tab. So I tried to do it with .deb files and that also failed. Later when I opened app manager again, I pressed on restore apps. And that's when I saw the app I was looking for. But I cannot reach it in any way. I tried to delete it with X-Terminal but there was no succes in that either. The photo in my attachement shows what it looks like in the Restore Apps tab. If you wonder... the language is dutch..

I hope anyone got a answer..

Thank you!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by HabenG; 2010-11-10 at 19:03.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Did you update to PR1.3 OTA?

Looks like the apps in question are not compatable with your device anymore. I think I read someplace that Tweego won't install to a stock PR1.3 due to some Python dependency conflict....

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Did you update to PR1.3 OTA?

Looks like the apps in question are not compatable with your device anymore. I think I read someplace that Tweego won't install to a stock PR1.3 due to some Python dependency conflict....
Where did you read that? I have looked around in the forum, so as far as I know it's ok. But even it's not compatable anymore, is there still a way to delete it. Or is it stuck there until I flash it. And that something I don't want to do

Greetzz

What happened when you typed as root in xterm:

apt-get remove tweego

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
What happened when you typed as root in xterm:

apt-get remove tweego

It say this:
Reading package list... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package tweego is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded

This also happen when I tried to do "apt-get purge tweego"

So, apt-get dosen't report it as installed (or tweego is not the correct package name) Try this one:

dpkg -l | grep -i twee

If this also does not show tweego as installed then I think it's really not there anymore. All you're seeing is vestigial remains of a previous installation in your application manager and/or apt-get cache.

In that case, try this one:

apt-get clean all

Here's the thread where I read alot of folks having Tweego problems after PR1.3:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47827&

Nothing worked... i think im just gonna flash it.. i will get rid of all the zombie files + its a fresh start

Thnx voor your help anyway