Notices

I downloaded Garnet VM for my N900.
Installed just fine, works, but if I end Garnet VM with
"End current task" and start Garnet VM again, the old settings in the Palm environment are gone and I have to configure it all again.

Things like getting system sound off, timezone and so on are all lost when switching off Garnet VM.

:-(

There is also the Info, that my version Garnet VM 1.0.5 Beta
will expire November 30th.
Is this a demo version which does not remember anything?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It isn't a demo version that forgets everything. This expiration thing comes up every year but Garnet has always provided a non-expired version.

I don't recall the problem or solution for Garnet VM forgetting things, but it didn't forget them for me. I'm no longer using it, not that there was anything bad about it, but the thing that I was mainly using it for is done better by my Kindle. (Reading Audible.com audiobooks.)

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I am still using it it is the only not and task app. that syncs with outlook. crashed on me today and I lost information.

if only there were a way to remember the IP address for syncing?
also whay is it Palm sync can sync in 4 seconds more information than Ovi suite syncs is 3 minutes?

(more as it sync's Tasks with notes, better in it gives me a log of all changes and keeps a log history)

also wide i could have large screen in landscape mode.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Earth
Problem is that 'End current task' sends SIGKILL to the process. Weird, but usable workaround is to press Phone instead of 'End current task', then close Phone app and get to task manager. After that you can close Garnet by pressing X on taskmanager miniwindow - it sends SIGTERM to the process and everything shuts down ok.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pine For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Problem is that 'End current task' sends SIGKILL to the process. Weird, but usable workaround is to press Phone instead of 'End current task', then close Phone app and get to task manager. After that you can close Garnet by pressing X on taskmanager miniwindow - it sends SIGTERM to the process and everything shuts down ok.
Phone instead of 'End current task' works.
Then also e.g. the settings and the Memopad entries are remembered.
But as you said: that's weird.

I hope someone from the Garnet producers is reading here:
please provide some "End" button if the user is within the Garnet VM!