hi guys m a newbie ... sorry if i come across as a dumb guy. well when i try to update using app manager it doesnt get updated and i get the following as the msg in log
apt-worker: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.3_free_binary-armel_Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: n900-fmrx-enabler 1.5-1
apt-worker: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.3_free_binary-armel_Packages

apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libsdl-mixer1.2 1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3
and so on ... anyidea how i can rectify ?

also my version states it is simply 20.2010.36-2.003 ... any idea wat this is ? i mean is this the pr update ... ?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
That version is the Middle East PR1.3 variant.

After all the trouble OTA updating has given various people, the best suggestion I can give you is to simply re-flash your phone to the Global PR1.3.

Please use the power search to search the term 'Updating Wiki', click the first result and read it through, then read it again. You only need concern yourself with the section dedicated to the OS you will be flashing the phone from, be it a flavour of Linux, Windows or MAC OS X.

Perform a full backup and transfer it to a PC for safe keeping, before you begin! You can then restore your applications and settings from this backup once you have finished flashing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
thank u so much for takin the time to help me. Wat do u mean by "power search" ? and how will i know if the update is the global pr 1.3 ?

sorry ... just found out wat wr the power search is ... thank u so much once again

well i had already read the page u directed me to. its called updatin the firmware right ? do i ve to flash both the roothfs and emmc ? or will only root suffice ? also i am kinda confused bout wr to install the flasher 3.5 for windows and the firmware image ... is it on the computer or on the n900 itself ?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Flash the rootfs only. Both the flasher and the firmware image go on your PC as described in http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...ng_the_Flasher

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
is there anyone living US update to PR1.3

Ok guys . . . Got hold of the flasher and the firmware image. Logged in as admin and started the procedure to flash the rootfs . . . These re the probs m facing. First of all the pc says tat the driver for my phone is not found. But still i get the usb symbol which m supposed to look out for on the dimmed screen. So i carry on wid the flashing but at the end of each command all i get is this . . . %m . . . And nothing happens ! This is supposed to take two to five mins but i ve ended up waiting for half an hr wid no results ! Pls help me !

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by blesson87 View Post
hi guys m a newbie ... sorry if i come across as a dumb guy. well when i try to update using app manager it doesnt get updated and i get the following as the msg in log
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: n900-fmrx-enabler 1.5-1

apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libsdl-mixer1.2 1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3
and so on ... anyidea how i can rectify ?

libsdl-mixer problem was that libsdl-mixer1.2 1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3 is wat is present in maemo extra while libsdl-mixer1.2 1:1.2.6-5+0m5 is needed which is in nokia system repo.
before updating via xterminal of app manager jst turn off maemo extra,extra-testing and extra-devel repo