Notices

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
After to many applications updated follow Enhance Linux kernel updated (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65367&page=40)

my shortcut to Mobile Hotspot missing from desktop but still in application category. how can shortcut work?

thanks.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
/usr/share/applications/hildon/mobilehotspot.desktop seems to be just link to /opt/mobilehotspot/resources/mobilehotspot.desktop.

This might be worth trying:
Code:
cp /opt/mobilehotspot/resources/mobilehotspot.desktop /usr/share/applications/hildon/mobilehotspot.desktop

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Thanks but it's not worked for me. a shortcut still disappear.

there is something weird with desktop shortcuts and MHS, some have edited the .desktop file, if you find a change that makes it work: send me a patch

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post:
Yes, after reinstall mobilehotspot i try follow you recommended URL a shortcut still disappear.

how can i edit "mobilehotsport.desktop" by myself?

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by gixx View Post
Yes, after reinstall mobilehotspot i try follow you recommended URL a shortcut still disappear.

how can i edit "mobilehotsport.desktop" by myself?

Thanks again.
So when you are in the terminal application, you do not see the file

/opt/mobilehotspot/resources/mobilehotspot.desktop

When I installed the Mobilehotspot application, the mobilehotspot.desktop file it created in

/usr/share/applications/hildon/

was a softlink to the actual mobilehotspot.desktop file located in

/opt/mobilehotspot/resources/

This setup did not allow me to add it as a shortcut to the desktop, so I fixed this by following the steps I provided. I never had to edit mobilehotspot.desktop file.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
I simply created a mobilehotspot.desktop file with leafpad then pasted the proper content in, deleted the softlink in /usr/share/applications/hildon/ and moved my created mobilehotspot.desktop file there.
Voila program listed in shortcut menu

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayBEE View Post
This setup did not allow me to add it as a shortcut to the desktop, so I fixed this by following the steps I provided. I never had to edit mobilehotspot.desktop file.
Thanks for figuring this out, there is a new package in extras-devel, if someone could confirm that it fixes this issue I'll promote it to testing.

(and then you can start trolling for votes so that it will end up in extras-proper as fast as possible).

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Thanks for figuring this out, there is a new package in extras-devel, if someone could confirm that it fixes this issue I'll promote it to testing.

(and then you can start trolling for votes so that it will end up in extras-proper as fast as possible).
No problem.

By the way, I've confirmed that 0.3.4 fixes this issue.

Now, if I could determine why mobilehotspot is no longer allowing me to share my T-Mobile USA data connection after upgrading to kernel power 45.

Can anyone out there confirm this is working?