Active Topics

this problem is starting to piss me of, yes i use apt-get and fapm more often, but sometimes i use that old rusty app manager, last time i used it it was updating (checking for updates), i had to do something fast, and i had to cancel the update, it didn't cancel, so i 'ended the current task' and now my app manager always checks for updates when i go in the 'download' section, always, even after installing an app, it goes into 'checking for updates' mode .
no it doesn;t stay as long as usual, and i tried almost everything (i still haven't flashed :P ) from clrearring the log, to disabling all catalogues, rebooting, and than re-enabling them, nothing worked, this sucks .
any help from the gurus ?

guys do i have to reflash becasue of this stupid problem ?

For me, it has never been different. My app downloader always checks for updates i have to wait usually about 1-2mins before it is ready. Maybe you just didn't notice that it is checking? It would be nice that the app manager doesn't check everytime but it has never happened to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to vaclnova For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
thanks for that micha, but i already had the updates stopped, what am i having is a bug, the app manager tarts updating even after i install an app.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Okay, i am still not quite sure about the problem, but the hildon application manager seems to have a separate data base, which needs updating whenever you did an install with it. Updating fapman or apt-get does not serve the default application manager.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
The Update Manager is a PIECE OF ****. I avoid using it. Usually I disable all the packages in there.

I only use FAPManager to install or update my apps.

Edit: I meant I disable all the repositories in the application manager.

Last edited by vkv.raju; 2010-12-02 at 17:01.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
I prefer disabling the repositories!!!