Active Topics

Hello y'all, maybe here had organized lot of contests, but i had an idea for an new type of contest, i had this idea because i want to collaborate to this community for the benefit of us all, i did it before but that don't was much, then i decided to request port of greats apps who have success in the market, but that don't work . First i needed to clearing up some doubts.
I want to organize a contest of programming on N900 (i don't know if someone develop for N8x0 yet), but not a contest of simple apps, a contest of advanced apps who operating at maximum the full potential of our devices, and i know that is not easy and for motivate to all developers i want reward your hard work with money, the money is a great motivator, for that reason i think not many developers want to program on Maemo because it is open source and they don't see economic benefices. I don't mean the open source is bad, just i think my idea is a good way to motivate to the developers.
Well maybe you are thinking i will make this contest with my own money, but i don't even have money to buy my own N900 . If i were billionaire i hire my own programmers to develop all apps i want .
So the idea is we all collaborate. If you are thinking it is a free community, you don't will pay for something must be free, also you spent lot of money buying your N900. But think, if you want to buy an iphone or Android before you need to buy the apps you want but only for you, instead here we need contribute for the apps we want and will be for us all.
If you are with me i could take this proyect forward.
Thanks.

Hi Michmo, Im sure if you were to organise a contest many people would be interested If you haven't already done so, check out the Maemo programming contest we had in the summer - we had around 60+ entries and the community gathered over $1000 in prize money

Link to the contest thread
Link to the contest wiki page

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Hi kojacker, sorry for the delay in respond, i was busy lately and thinking something to give to my N800 for Christmas .
I see the link to the last contest and i noticed it was a long time, this should do more often. And about the money, żjust $1000?, i think it very little compared with the number of users (about +4000 users that visit the forum every day).
I still waiting answers of the users who want to collaborate and developers who want to participate .