Notices

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
TUXCUBE Pre 1

I found it on Internet and it seems that the emu is not supported anymore. Any chance to have it ported on Maemo? Of course if it is possible.

I don't have any skill in programming but I know some of you could port it!

As the official site is down, I found a download link:

http://www.aep-emu.de/emu/gc/tuxcube_pre1.7z

Good Luck!

+1
love to see that on maemo

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Even the still supported GC emulator Dolphin does not run games at full speed on my old Notebook (Core2Duo 1,7GHz, 2GB RAM and Intel onBoard graphics) which has still more power than the N900 so I doubt it will be usable.

Even the still supported GC emulator Dolphin does not run games at full speed on my old Notebook (Core2Duo 1,7GHz, 2GB RAM and Intel onBoard graphics) which has still more power than the N900 so I doubt it will be usable.
Yeah but who knows??? it does not kill to try it! maybe it will waste time if it does not work, but if it works it will be a good news for our phone.

The n900 is not powerful enough for this. The most powerful console it will ever emulate will be the n64. Or maybe the dreamcast, but that will never have decent enough framerates to be enjoyable.

maybe if the authors of dolphin are kind enough to rewrite the core in armel asm using high level emulation (like UltraHLE back in the days):P

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Ported? Maybe, but to run the Isos fine, well...
Should take at least some months to make the fps go over 10.
And it's only an IF...

C'mon Guys! Maybe it is possible. I compared both Gamecube specs and N900 specs. It seems that N900 is a bit powerful! But, as I said, I don't know anything about programming and I don't really know if the specifications of both machine make any difference.

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
That's true, N900 is somewhat powerful.
But see, GBA has an ARM processor ( like N900 ), running at 17mhz,
and even at 600mhz we still don't have a fast enough emu...
Gamecube has a stock 485 mhz processor, and it's not even ARM,
what only make it harder to emulate on our " environment ".
It's true, as I said, and as you said Boemien, it is maybe possible, maybe... To at least have an unusable UI =)

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
With consoles the CPU processor speed is pretty meaningless... its all about the GPU

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.