hi, i have just got the titan kernal settings from the app. im a noob, i want to have the option to set the cpu faster when watching movies, but for the rest of the time, i want my phone to be just as it is to stock settings, i also downlaoded a widget called max something, it gave me a widget on desktop which shows 600mhz and has option for higher or lower, i didnt touch it yet, i also want to know how i can varify wat speed i am running, like some widget, i asked earlier about some widget and i was told to get queen bee, but i couldent work with it, to advacned, any other simpler widget ? thanks

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
hi, i have just got the titan kernal settings from the app. im a noob, i want to have the option to set the cpu faster when watching movies, but for the rest of the time, i want my phone to be just as it is to stock settings, i also downlaoded a widget called max something, it gave me a widget on desktop which shows 600mhz and has option for higher or lower, i didnt touch it yet, i also want to know how i can varify wat speed i am running, like some widget, i asked earlier about some widget and i was told to get queen bee, but i couldent work with it, to advacned, any other simpler widget ? thanks
if you want to overclock. download kernel power settings from app manager. then restart your phone, download qcpufreq from app manager. use that to overclock your phone.
all you have to do is move the slider in qcpufreq.
easiest way to get you started

thanks man, and again, which cpu do i keep my slider to for stock settings ? cause i dont want to loose battery life nor damage my awesome phone

its also showing me cpu tem. what is the ideal tem when using stock, for instance .. when i set the clock speed fast, which temp should i not exced !? ???

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Code:
kernel-config load default
to return to stock frequency.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

im sorry cfh11, what i mean is in the program which freq should i select ( qcpufreq). right now its showing 600mhz. is that default ? when i make it higher, and want stock, shal i just slide it back to 600 ? will it be stock that way ?

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
im sorry cfh11, what i mean is in the program which freq should i select ( qcpufreq). right now its showing 600mhz. is that default ? when i make it higher, and want stock, shal i just slide it back to 600 ? will it be stock that way ?
min:250 max:600 is default.
and i read it somewhere that it shouldnt go over 45degrees? not to sure. Cpu doesnt have a thermometer, it's near the battery.

it's up to you, choose what suits you the best.
after you are confident, I can go ahead and teach you about lowering voltage. This will gain power, less heat and more battery

Last edited by tele; 2010-12-30 at 16:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
yes 600mhz is the default (stock) frequency

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The right thing to do is read the Overclocking docs in the Wiki.

Originally Posted by tele View Post
min:250 max:600 is default.
and i read it somewhere that it shouldnt go over 45degrees? not to sure. Cpu doesnt have a thermometer, it's near the battery.

it's up to you, choose what suits you the best.
after you are confident, I can go ahead and teach you about lowering voltage. This will gain power, less heat and more battery
hey man thanks, im using the program u told me, when i need more power, i just speed up the cpu for a while, then lower it to 600.