Hello,
I have just taken a snap of a white wall close to the window using BlessN900 in HQ mode. The image is really bad. Is the camera sensor damaged? Image is scaled down to 50% using Gimp, no other processing or image handling.
Any suggestions?
Attached Images

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Digital cameras try to distribute light (white) and dark (black) evenly. Thus, the picture of a white wall would look the same as the picture of a black wall. Both would be grey(ish). Maybe you have taken some digital pictures in the snow recently. You will see that the white snow often looks quite dirty and/or blue.

I have no idea were the vignetting effects comes from. Several effects just overlay, e.g. camera chip size, lens, light in your office (natural and artificial), wall structure, image processing... But I guess it was just an attempt of blessn900 to make sense of the processor information.

I would recomend to take a sample picture with more conrast and colors. This would be more helpful in assessing the image qualities.

icke

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
The vignetting problem is well known with any app using the fcam library. The std camera app corrects for this effect of sensor and lense. I must note that yours is the most extreme illustration I have seen.....