Always wondered about this. I guess it could be seen as an indication of which model the senior management team rates as the best of breed.

You can just imagine the final salary negotiations:

"Ok Mr Elop, so it a $1 million basic salary, shares, pension, health plan, laptop, company car and mobile phone. What sort of phone would you like from our expansive range Mr Elop?"

"Errrr, I'll take the........"

N8
N900
Iphone
LG
Samsung
HTC

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
i somehow feel that he is using a Nokia E7...

Originally Posted by n900faniam View Post
Always wondered about this. I guess it could be seen as an indication of which model the senior management team rates as the best of breed.

You can just imagine the final salary negotiations:

"Ok Mr Elop, so it a $1 million basic salary, shares, pension, health plan, laptop, company car and mobile phone. What sort of phone would you like from our expansive range Mr Elop?"

"Errrr, I'll take the........"

N8
N900
Iphone
LG
Samsung
HTC
From what he's said in interviews about the OS I assume he'd like to use a WM7 phone. However I assume his employment contract means he uses an N8?

Given that he mentioned in the same interview that he would like to see a mobile w/o any buttons on the front it seems he's never even seen, let alone used, a N900 as if he did surely he would know it is buttonless??

Last edited by droitwichgas; 2011-01-15 at 13:18.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@OP: You do realize that for a guy with $1M annual salary, phone expense is very small in comparison? If it comes to be negotiated at all, I'd imagine it would come from the Vertu range.

If he's a hands on type a guy (and I hope he is, for Nokia's sake), then he should be using the latest Nokia's flagship phone...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Given that he mentioned in the same interview that he would like to see a mobile w/o any buttons on the front it seems he's never even seen, let alone used, a N900 as if he did surely he would know it is buttonless??
Someone should explain to him that buttons are very useful on a phone and are part of the reason for the popularity of Nokia devices amongst non-geeks (caveat: outside of US, that is).

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
most of the nokians i have seen off hand in videos(ie not demoing a product) are usually e72 lately. there are a lot of good features and easy to provision from a backend for a large company type device.

probably not the excitement you were looking for,lol. I bet the rank and file will switch to E7 soon if they havent already.

Last edited by quipper8; 2011-01-15 at 14:10.

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
From what he's said in interviews about the OS I assume he'd like to use a WM7 phone. However I assume his employment contract means he uses an N8?

He saying that he wants a phone with no buttons mean he have never seen N900? How did you come to that conclusion?
I honestly do find it funny how him working for Microsoft for under 2 years makes him Ballmer himself. He has worked in a higher position and longer for example Adobe and Macromedia.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
He's using the Nokia Morph of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX-gTobCJHs
(worth watching, even for the Nth time)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
He's using the Nokia Morph of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX-gTobCJHs
(worth watching, even for the Nth time)
woooow thats really impressing....

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Would have paid good money to see the Nokia HR guys face when Elop responded "Got any phones with Windows 7?"