Active Topics

If I lost my N900, and it is still under warranty, do I get a new handset?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Err i don't think warranty coveres lost phones, only damage. Sorry but i think you are out of luck. And if u haven't lost it yet install SMSCon on it lol

Good Day sir

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Err i don't think warranty coveres lost phones, only damage. Sorry but i think you are out of luck. And if u haven't lost it yet install SMSCon on it lol

Good Day sir
Thanks for this. What about charging port issues? Mine just broke I still have warranty on the phone. Bought it from US.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by gomaemo View Post
Thanks for this. What about charging port issues? Mine just broke I still have warranty on the phone. Bought it from US.
I guess that usb port issues are someone elses problem now.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
warranty?!? sigh... ever heard about insurance?

(and thanks to guys who are trying to get these kind of accidents into warranty it is harder for those who really have something that is included into warranty serviced...)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Warranty doesn't cover negligence, accidents or damage. It only covers manufacturing defects.

Thanks everybody. I will send my N900 tomorrow for repair under warranty (broken charging port). I just thought of something though... I have overclocked my N900, and most tutorials say that it will void the warranty. My question is, would it still void my warranty even if my issue has nothing to do with overclocking? Thanks for anyone who can help!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gomaemo View Post
Thanks everybody. I will send my N900 tomorrow for repair under warranty (broken charging port). I just thought of something though... I have overclocked my N900, and most tutorials say that it will void the warranty. My question is, would it still void my warranty even if my issue has nothing to do with overclocking? Thanks for anyone who can help!
well, what do you think?

you are not the guy that can say "it has nothing to do with overclocking"...

doing unauthorized modifications to hardware voids the warranty, and there is no way getting the warranty unvoided by some magical reasoning. please keep in mind that you are trying to deceive nokia if you want to get the device fixed by warranty...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
well, what do you think?

you are not the guy that can say "it has nothing to do with overclocking"...

doing unauthorized modifications to hardware voids the warranty, and there is no way getting the warranty unvoided by some magical reasoning. please keep in mind that you are trying to deceive nokia if you want to get the device fixed by warranty...
Completely disagree, as after researching, I can proudly say "you are wrong". I still appreciate your help . But just so you know, if the device is damaged in a way that has nothing to do with overclocking (like the motherboard isnt fried) then the warranty still exists. In fact, I will be getting my phone FIXED in a week or so. Thanks again.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
I'm lost... can i get a new brain? lol