When I launch Conversations, I can see the inbox with the list of smses. The list includes, the name of the sender and a preview of the sms. However when I tap to view a particular sms, all I get is a blank scrren, with the smiley and reply box at the bottom of the screen. I can see no sms, not even for contacts on the address book or unknown numbers or smses I reply to.

Is there a solution?

I've seen this before and I had to reboot the phone to get the conversation contents back.

I had this too. I uninstalled some apps I'd recently installed (sorry can't remember which, maybe Marble Maps?) and it went back to normal.

I'd try both uninstalling some recently installed apps and a reboot and see if that works.

Tried both. Rebooted several times and haven't installed anything new. Read about the conversation CSS mod, can anyone tell if that helps or how to use it? Is there a third party sms app or Log app?

Last edited by abelius; 2011-02-10 at 18:48.

I had this problem 2 months ago. I tried everything suggested & nothing worked. Apparently it is caused by a strangely malformed SMS I received that somehow corrupted the sqlite database behind conversations and call history.

I ended up deleting the database altogether & starting from scratch.
The file is:
~/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
It might be el.db for some ppl.

Before I deleted it, I backed it up to my PC & I was able to read back some of the old text using SQLite Database Browser

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
Theres actually an alternative to what ongte posted that should leave all your conversations intact. See this post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=40

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
WOW some good answers here... well done !!!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Not trying to hijack the thread here, but since I kinda have a similar problem, I didn't want to create a whole new thread.. My problem with Conversations is that it doesn't save SMS's from only one contact! What I mean by that is that if I recieve an SMS from this person, I can view it in Conversations, and if the person sends again (while the window is open) it will post the new SMS as a normal convo, but once I close the window the msgs are gone! And if I send an SMS to this person it shows the "moved to outbox" icon and stays there (instead of showing the time sent after), but the SMS does get sent..

I deleted the contact and readded it.. It solved the problem for a bit, but then it suddenly comes back!!!

What's weird is that it only happens to this one and only person!!! If anone else sends me an SMS or I send them an SMS, conversations acts normally! What can I do about this.. Can anyone help me please?

I have this problem too, with just one user that I text a lot.
It stops working after a few days/weeks and just show the last txt in the main conversations screen, but when I click to go into the conversations with this person, it just says SMS Delivery Failed in yellow and shows me no messages.

I tried restoring the sqlite db but that did not help. The solution last time was to delete the whole conversation history for this user. What is wrong? Rebooting does not help either.

Originally Posted by ongte View Post
Before I deleted it, I backed it up to my PC & I was able to read back some of the old text using SQLite Database Browser
I have backups and have looked at them on my pc using sqlitebrowser on Ubuntu, but although I can see all the call history, I cannot find any text message content anywhere in the DB.

I unzipped and untarred all the files I could see in the backup archive and I looked in the el files with sqlitebrowser, but no joy.

Please can you tell me exactly which file to look in to read the txt messages on my PC?

Thanks!

Tags
conversations