hi really need some help my n900 crashed upon rebooting i no longer have any sms or IM's showing in conversation i have sent a sms and that went through fine i have also recieved one and could view it by clicking on the notification bubble as the sms came through

the entire message thread was there and i could scroll through it so i know they are still on my phone however conversations is failing to display them

any help with this matter would be great would really like a resoloution today if possible

also im at work and going straight from work to stay in a hotel over night so have no access to a usb cable if its something that can be sorted in terminal then great give me instructions and i will follow them

really need this fixed today

ok just created a back up gona run that see if it helps

backup and restore didnt help

does anyone know where the sms's are stored r they accessible via terminal?

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lyon, France
I have regulary this problem.
A reboot solves it.

If you don't want to reboot, you can kill those processes :
- rtcom-messaging-ui
- hildon-desktop-status
- maenotify
- hildon-status-menu

Because they keep open the conversation database :
/home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db

i have tried flashing my device and restored apps settings essages etc and still the problem persists is it possible for you to explain how to kill process have very litle terminal experience but can follow instructions easily enough cheers for the reply btw

i have also noticed that all new incoming and outgoing calls are no longer logged in the phone app could this be a seperate issue or involved with the conversation problem

Last edited by ddwwf1; 2011-03-19 at 17:58. Reason: additional info

Tags
bada rox