Notices

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bologna
Hi guys,
the last time I worked on a little zenity script to run with more easily those commands from the terminal frequently so annoying for non-lovers of the command line, clean, autoclean etc. etc.
It also has the ability to run the upgrade command and ask for confirmation whether or not to install the packages to upgrade, to install packages by selecting them from memory and also to remove specific packages without being confused with the terminal commands ...
The application is hosted in the repository maemomeego.net, I wanted to add it to the official maemo.org, but still I did not understand the proceedings, we will see in there ...
Meanwhile, I leave you with some screenshots attached, I hope it is useful to someone ...
After installation you are prompted to install the type of version, if the Italian or the English..

Ok, sorry for my very bad english, any question, suggestion and critical are accepted

Present on extras-devel
http://maemo.org/packages/view/clean900/

Last edited by incrys; 2011-03-26 at 15:41.

The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to incrys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
package for noobs who don't know how to deal with terminal, but i think it's a good thingy for those, who just bought their n900=) I would've used it about a half year ago=)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Well, yeah kinda, but still, do you buy an N900 just to use some GUI's? I no I would not - ye gotta love the terminal, even tho its stripped down a bit, sadly enough. A good quick app, nonetheless.

I totally agree with you, but if you can improve life a bit and also facilitate our daily operations, why not take advantage?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by incrys View Post
I totally agree with you, but if you can improve life a bit and also facilitate our daily operations, why not take advantage?
Thats where the 'alias' comes in handy
Still, it'd be too hardcore for a newcomer. I'll just shut me mouth now, right...

The Following User Says Thank You to Ait For This Useful Post:
in purge mode, does it say which old files to be removed or just remove it ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to incrys For This Useful Post:
super very....good

O my God, I thought it would be so helpful ....

Thanks to all

P.s. As soon as I can upload to the repository, I try to study something else

I think it is usefull. Thanks for the hard work. There are usres in here which will install it as soon as it gets to the repos!

Tags
clean900