Active Topics

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
I can put my tablet to sleep using the cover, or just let it sit, and when I remove the cover or touch the screen everything comes back up. My problem is when I shut off. It will not turn back on. I have to plug it in to the adapter then it comes right on... Any thoughts??

Mine does the same thing... Hold the power button for a second or two, let go for a second and then hold it down again for a few seconds. Turns on for me every time this way..

It's happening to me as well(can't turn the 770 on without power cord). I just posted another thread re this issue.

Thanks for the tip about the "twice pressing", I will try it the next time this happens. It only seems to happen when the unit sits for awhile. I was wondering whether the metal tabs on the inside of the cover were causing the problem?

Thanks, JeffB

Mine has trouble turning on also when it's not plugged in. About 30% of the time it will not turn on unless I do one of the following:
- Repeatedly press and hold power for as long as 30 seconds.
- Take out battery, put back in and do step one a couple of times
- Press the Home button and Power at the same time and keep holding them

Trying these steps over and over eventually brings it back to life. The longest it's taking me to power it on is 5 minutes of trying. Usually it's about 1-2 minutes...

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
There is no real need to ever turn a 770 off!

Originally Posted by rcull View Post
There is no real need to ever turn a 770 off!
You must have one of those wireless power distribution systems installed in your house

If I leave mine on, chances are very good that the battery will be drained when I wake it up later...

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
If your using the 2007 hacker edition then power is more of a problem ( I use it and still dont ever turn off although plugged in a lot ) but with 2006 it will go for weeks with the cover on, days playing mp3s ( obviously not all night etc ) its only when using wifi that power is used heavilly and wifi is off when the cover is on. ymmv of course

Rick

I have also seen this problem with my new 770. I spent 10 minutes trying to turn it on once. Another time, I had to take the battery out and put it back in before I could turn it back on.

Plugging it into the AC adapter seems to make it easier to turn on, but you don't always have it with you.

I've started just putting it in Offline Mode and putting the cover on rather than shutting down.