been out of the look for a while, but i'm getting bored of the software i can get on my n900. So i thought i'd check back here to see if some of the other operating systems are working well. Seems that there are a few to choose from, but meego is also coming out at the end of the month. So should i just wait for that, isw it gonna be any good. should i install something else so i can use android apps? i use the phone of the internet mainly and a few games
thanks

Originally Posted by zairs View Post
been out of the look for a while, but i'm getting bored of the software i can get on my n900. So i thought i'd check back here to see if some of the other operating systems are working well. Seems that there are a few to choose from, but meego is also coming out at the end of the month. So should i just wait for that, isw it gonna be any good. should i install something else so i can use android apps? i use the phone of the internet mainly and a few games
thanks
The meego o/s will be for developers etc only and not an os for routine users. We may get a working os in a few months time but no real idea if that will be useable on a day to day basis at present.

Unless you really need to use android apps then sticking to the maemo os with the CSSU updates is probably your best bet.for day to day usage.

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
are their any good games on any of the other systems?

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Try NitDroid which helps you run Android on your N900, there is a massive thread on here aswell as a wiki page. Also for games theres Preenv with which you can run webOS games.

Originally Posted by zairs View Post
are their any good games on any of the other systems?
try webos games,,,its cool

The Following User Says Thank You to soravhoney For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by soravhoney View Post
try webos games,,,its cool
I would second that, use the webos manager and it installs the games (which you need to downlaod seperately) and gets them to run perfectly. No need for Nitroid then in my view and you can still use the phone at the same time.

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
will give it a go, can someone link me the thread that has the extra catalog address's in them. i had to get my phone replaced as it bricked

seriously!?!?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Maemo+Extras%2C...ng+%20my-maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
now going really off topic, which is the best playstation emulator can any of them play final fantasy yet, i tried them before but they didnt work

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Zairs can you search TMO instead of having people look things up for you?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:

Tags
goooooooooogle, just shoot me