I kno there must be a thread about this but I cant spend time searching for it!

I reflashed my N900 using the maemo flasher and it now shows the Nokia logo folowed by dim screen with the orange led pulsing twice then the siz dots just stay on and NOTHING happens?!

Please help me I need to fix this :S

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

I know there must be an answer for this but I can't spend my time providing it!

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I know there must be an answer for this but I can't spend my time providing it!
Normally I am fine to search. But I have exams and really need to revise. This was meant to be a nice run of the mil reflash and now my phone doesnt start properly so I had a brief moment of panic.

Could you please help me, even if its just linking me to threads.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Do a complete reflash, follow the instructions in the Wiki.
eMMC first, don't reboot, then rootfs.

For some reason, flasher seems to be hit and miss with flashing rootfs. Odd, you'll have to try quite a few times.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Do a complete reflash, follow the instructions in the Wiki.
eMMC first, don't reboot, then rootfs.

For some reason, flasher seems to be hit and miss with flashing rootfs. Odd, you'll have to try quite a few times.
I cant lose the MyDocs section though :s

Any way I can back that up??

My Contributions

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
u can try again i reflash and if it starts this time u can backup ur mydocs to ur pc and then do a complete reflash again with emmc within

I dont understand at all though.

Why does the orange LED flash twice? Does anybody know the actual error thats happening here?

My Contributions

Basically atm. I turn the phone on.

The Nokia logo comes on then followed by a dark screen and an orange led flashes twice. Then the Maemo loading dots appear but they do not go away and it stays like this. Nothin happens.

Could somebody please tell me what to do?

I cannot flash the EMMC as I have backups stored on the 32gb internal memory meaning if I do an EMMC flash ill lose all of that stuff plus some images that I was yet to backup to my pc.

Please help. I have looked through loads of threads and none have really helped.

My Contributions

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Leave the phone on. It has been known for it to take 20 minutes on the 'white dots screen' on first boot. This is because it is optifying apparently.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Leave the phone on. It has been known for it to take 20 minutes on the 'white dots screen' on first boot. This is because it is optifying apparently.
But the orange led's are what ring the alarms in my head :/

I will leave it plugged in charging after another reflash attempt see the status in an hour or so.

My Contributions