Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
will it be possible to put maemo 5 on new n950 when/if it comes, if turns out that meego is not so great? cuz i watched videos of meego 1.2 and altough i know that its far from finished product... i aint that impressed =P

hahahaahahaahahha.. its like asking how many can travel to saturn on a super duper spaceaircraft for holidays

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
The next Nokia device (possibly called the N950) will be running what was previously known as Maemo 6, though porting maemo 5 to the new hardware may be possible, I doubt anyone will see any point.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
afaik n950 will be running Maemo6 (harmattan), not meego

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
yeah sure.
just tell us what the specs are of the new N950...... oh that's right. It's not released and no-one actually knows it (outside of Nokia).
Current (1.2) UI is a reference UI only. Nokia (sic) design will be completely different so if you're basing your opinion on the front end, I'd suggest you actually wait and see before suggesting a regression to Maemo 5.
theming of the UI is quite easy on Meego. If you have an SVG editor, then you're halfway to making your own.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
oka... just a tought... dont be hatin =P

was bored waiting for new device so i start thinking about some other options =P

Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
afaik n950 will be running Maemo6 (harmattan), not meego
It is great if Maemo6 revive!

Just my personal favour and wish Nokia is listening:

I WANT A BETTER N900 KEEPING THE BASICALLY FORM FACTOR WITH A LARGER RESISTIVE SCREEN.

I WANT MAEMO 6 BUT NOT MEEGO. MAEMO 5 IS ALSO OK FOR ME AS I FEEL THAT MEEGO IS NOT MATURE!

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
I also am quite satisfied with Maemo5... except the fact that it appears to be not too comfortable in only 256Mb RAM.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Waynder View Post
will it be possible to put maemo 5 on new n950 when/if it comes, if turns out that meego is not so great? cuz i watched videos of meego 1.2 and altough i know that its far from finished product... i aint that impressed =P
HAHAHA your MADDDDD

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
I also am quite satisfied with Maemo5... except the fact that it appears to be not too comfortable in only 256Mb RAM.
Right there and also for MeeGo that will suffer the same fate i am sure.