Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I just released UKTUBE 0.6 and UKMP 1.4.

Major things in UKTUBE are support for delete and support for streaming of video files from youtube and dailymotion. It will buffer 1 meg and then start playback. Really really cool.

UKMP add support for video playback and fixes some killer bugs (such as app not starting for some people).

Anyway, read more and check videos of both apps that show you the new functions. Install link is also on the page.

http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co...t-in-beta.html

Anyway, I hope you guys could have a test of uktube 0.6 today if you are using uktube. I'm going away for a while tomorrow, so I can really do bugfixes well only on today.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
thanks so much konttori

No probs. Hopefully this gives people something to play around while waiting for the inevitable firmware release. I must say that I'm really pleased that the streaming works. It makes the world of difference to be able to play just about any youtube clip instantaneously, even the longer ones. And e.g. dailymotion is full of hour long videos. Just remember to keep enough space on your mmc!

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Hertfordshire, UK
Its not working for me ... starts scanning the cards, which its doing very slowly, and then just sits there with a blank screen. I have to kill -9 processid to kill it.

Awesome news...thanks for such great apps, konttori!

I only wish more developers (and by developers, I mean Nokia) communicated as often and as clearly as you have.

Have a great vacation!

Originally Posted by w14 View Post
Its not working for me ... starts scanning the cards, which its doing very slowly, and then just sits there with a blank screen. I have to kill -9 processid to kill it.
Do you have lots of files on your mmc cards? Maemo mapper perhaps?

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Hertfordshire, UK
Nope.

I've been trying verious combinations, and I can get it to hang every time if I am connected to a wireless network. If not, it works, and brilliantly, by the way.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ St.Petersburg, FL
This is working great for me so far kontori. Keep up the great work and have fun while your gone. I'm sure you need the down time.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
The ability to stream is definitely killer! Thanks for this update, far more close to the browser experience

omar

The Following User Says Thank You to maxilogan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w14 View Post
Nope.

I've been trying verious combinations, and I can get it to hang every time if I am connected to a wireless network. If not, it works, and brilliantly, by the way.
Is this for ukmp or uktube?

Also, can you try opening it from command line (MediaCenter for ukmp and uktube for uktube) and see what kind of error you get when it jams.