Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Mosquito's Hunter is finally ready!

Garage page

What is Mosquito's Hunter?
Mosquito's Hunter is a simple application that allows you to keep away mosquito's insects

How does it work?
It's a gui, wrote in pyQT that can disturb this kind of insects.. No more protection needed, no spray to use.. You just have to press one button to keep them away from you, maybe the others will get them hahaha but we don't care about that.. You can use two kinds of buttons, Classic (to keep away good mosquitos) and Extreme (to keep away brave mosquitos). I'm not resposable about your hardware damages, please use it in the right way and don't use it with your pets. This application uses High frequencies notes so it can disturb pets like cats, dogs, horses, please don't make them bad with Mosquito's Hunter.

Special Thanks:
A big special thanks goes to kojacker that wrote the right code, i was in panic to find a good way with that until he wrote the code again. So Very Very thanks from the Alpi to the Everest!

DEB file is here

kojacker made a very funny application called MaeFart, here is the link try it on public and scare the people with that, sure you can abuse about this also with you pets

In the future release, i'll improve a feature to move the Mosquito's versus the Iphone Users..
Attached Images

Last edited by santiago; 2011-05-19 at 13:56.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I can't help but say lol to this.. Cool tho!

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I can't help but say lol to this.. Cool tho!
why u cant? it depends from python and python qt4 modules

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
k.. does it actually work?

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
k.. does it actually work?
yes, it works (i used Extreme button to keep away one mosquito 5 days ago) try it

The Following User Says Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Hey! Well done, ur first application! And you even got it packaged up into a .deb overnight, I'm impressed! Took me ages to deb my first app, next step is to try getting these annoying mosquitos onto the Maemo extras-dev repo

Thanks for dropping my name but all the hard work was yours If people are wondering, I helped a little with the looping sound (thread). Please don't remind people of maeFart though.. my reputation and all lol

You know, now that you've done the first application, we'll be expecting bigger and better things in the future

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Well, it'll be interesting to hear test results.

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Hey! Well done, ur first application! And you even got it packaged up into a .deb overnight, I'm impressed! Took me ages to deb my first app, next step is to try getting these annoying mosquitos onto the Maemo extras-dev repo

Thanks for dropping my name but all the hard work was yours If people are wondering, I helped a little with the looping sound (thread). Please don't remind people of maeFart though.. my reputation and all lol

You know, now that you've done the first application, we'll be expecting bigger and better things in the future
i used your code code is yours ok i will marry you like this we can share all the code we want.. u have the code.. i have the python.. hahahahahaha just a joke buahahhahahahaha bzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzz what is that? mosquitoooooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaa Click! finally in peace where is your green mosquito ? post here that horrible green mosquito

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
does it really work ?????????? i have to many mosquitoes in my house and i am going to try it there in the evening

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

I doubt its effcacia and think it's more a gag. I had an application like this in the mythical Nokia 66oo, but had no effect.