New video on You Tube showing 1.2 DE on N900 from May 27th. Looks like the latest build, someone else could pull the frames showing the pages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDfIfOeT0fU

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RogueElement For This Useful Post:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RogueElement For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I thanked both your posts for your work in giving us the links to take a look at this MeeGo UI but hell it is tame slow and nothing, just nothing.

I wish the guy would just hold the bloody N900 still.

Look at the comments all round from people who have seen the latest "build" they all say the same thing, oh well we wait and wait and wait.

The last comment below that video could be disturbing too.......

"Hi! Thanks for this review.

A few issues. I was told that developers aren’t going to release any MeeGo version for n900. Is it true?

And second. My English also isn’t so perfect. I could understand you perfectly but I could not make out (because I was doing other things at the same time) what you told about n9 and n50 (n15?). Are they powered by MeeGo 1.2 or rather Maemo 6? And what about further development of Maemo for n900? Can I expect another release?

Regards from far away. Poland.
humbledude85 14 hours ago

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-05-28 at 12:14.

Its good to see the OS running all the same, even if it is a little slow. Someone smarter than me could pull some frames off the videos.
Is it actually any good at this stage though?It looks like a nice skin but you'd want that new 64GB micro card running and overclock to 1GHz plus decent video codecs I'd imagine?

The Following User Says Thank You to RogueElement For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RogueElement View Post
Its good to see the OS running all the same, even if it is a little slow. Someone smarter than me could pull some frames off the videos.
Is it actually any good at this stage though?It looks like a nice skin but you'd want that new 64GB micro card running and overclock to 1GHz plus decent video codecs I'd imagine?
Now you know the reason for the minimum specs for MeeGo and why they have probably given up on any further development, it is not able to run that well on 256mb ram.

Would love to how many and just who the dev's are that are working on this UI.

Just this after all this time? incredible aye.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-05-28 at 12:24.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
@ abill - SOME people are excited about the great progress the n900 DE team has made in just a few short months. the fact that you keep coming in every thread and posting mindless negative crap and insulting the developers is getting really tiresome.

stop being a turd in the meego punch bowl, thx.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
@ abill - SOME people are excited about the great progress the n900 DE team has made in just a few short months. the fact that you keep coming in every thread and posting mindless negative crap and insulting the developers is getting really tiresome.

stop being a turd in the meego punch bowl, thx.
I am entitled to my opinion just as much as YOU are ok and all i can say if THAT is getting people really excited and shows the progress then i will say again.... give it up or get new people to do the dev work.

I have a strong feeling that work being done on MeeGo is not for the N900 in any way or form and that video proves it as i cannot see any more than a few hours work on that UI given the fact they are armed with most or all of the closed components source code.

PS go and look at the comments people are leaving currently about MeeGo and you will see i am one of many with the same views !.

PS while you about it go take a look at this and make sure you read the comments once again under the video !.

http://thehandheldblog.com/2011/05/2...-edition-demo/

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-05-28 at 12:50.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I am entitled to my opinion just as much as YOU are ok and all i can say if THAT is getting people really excited and shows the progress then i will say again.... give it up or get new people to do the dev work.

I have a strong feeling that work being done on MeeGo is not for the N900 in any way or form and that video proves it as i cannot see any more than a few hours work on that UI given the fact they are armed with most or all of the closed components source code.

PS go and look at the comments people are leaving currently about MeeGo and you will see i am one of many with the same views !.
Come up with something concrete please, for instance, I develop the qml dialer application, I've been working on it for some time though majority of work has been in the three weeks leading to the conference. I doubt, very much, that you or anyone could have done it in considerably less time. So STFU or get involved if you're really _that_ talented.

No one is ceasing meego on n900, we'll continue working on it for a long time as it's not just to the benifit of N900 users it's part of a more widespread strategy in MeeGo that is being formed.

Also, can you you point me to some document that describes MeeGo hardware specs/requirements, because you've referenced it a few times now and I've not seen it before. kthxbye

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Come up with something concrete please, for instance, I develop the qml dialer application, I've been working on it for some time though majority of work has been in the three weeks leading to the conference. I doubt, very much, that you or anyone could have done it in considerably less time. So STFU or get involved if you're really _that_ talented.

No one is ceasing meego on n900, we'll continue working on it for a long time as it's not just to the benifit of N900 users it's part of a more widespread strategy in MeeGo that is being formed.

Also, can you you point me to some document that describes MeeGo hardware specs/requirements, because you've referenced it a few times now and I've not seen it before. kthxbye
Sure here you go, the web is full of it.

http://meegozone.com/2010/11/meego-1...ents-unveiled/

http://www.meegousers.com/1015/meego...-requirements/

You do realise that what stskeeps has got already under his belt as a "gift" from Nokia is what every single Maemo developer wants and that is the closed hardware components source code !.

At this rate by the time MeeGo is ever ready (which i have my definite doubts as it never will be) the N900 will be well and truly superceded and probably all of the dev's gone over to a new level of hardware on newer devices.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Sure here you go, the web is full of it.

http://meegozone.com/2010/11/meego-1...ents-unveiled/

http://www.meegousers.com/1015/meego...-requirements/
You do realise that what stskeeps has got already under his belt as a "gift" from Nokia is what every single Maemo developer wants and that is the closed hardware components source code !.
Hardware has source code? I'm guessing you mean the closed software components' source code. Now, not withstanding you absolutely are not qualified to speak for "every single Maemo developer", those that have access to closed components for making the N900 work fully with MeeGo, are actively maintaining, patching, fixing them. Which is the biggest issue with them being closed, so non-issue.

At this rate by the time MeeGo is ever ready (which i have my definite doubts as it never will be) the N900 will be well and truly superceded and probably all of the dev's gone over to a new level of hardware on newer devices.
The N900 is already "well and truely superceded", it's a three year old device, but for me it's still going strong. So those hardware specs look reasonible, the only thing that the N900 really lacks there is RAM, now, we've not even really scratched the surface for optimizations in MeeGo DE. It's unclear whether those articles on specs you posted are referencing tablet or handset, I'm betting tablet. but whatever.

MeeGo DE will very soon probably another couple of months be completely useable, I my self will be devoting a a few weeks of this time porting apps from maemo to meego so we're not lacking rthe niceties. If you think something is lacking rather than spouting your general "meego is bad" statements, specifically pointing out your areas of interest, and why you don't think they're up-to-scratch would greatly benifit our plans for the future.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:

Tags
die abill die