recently i have got some problems with my beloved n900
firstly there is the battery draining problem which is caused by the backlight which wont shut off even if i lock the device.
then the virtual keyboard wont show.
i dont know why my n900 got these problems, but i searched throuch the maemo forum and got no answer.
the hardware doesnt seem to have any problems. i have checked it with the healthcheck software.
i would appreciate any help and/or advice
thx

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
try v47 and surely there are bugs still for virtual keyboard but at very less extant ,get rid of extra widgets at the desktop ,and if still you find the problem try reboot ,must be okey ))

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
try v47 and surely there are bugs still for virtual keyboard but at very less extant ,get rid of extra widgets at the desktop ,and if still you find the problem try reboot ,must be okey ))
kk thx, but i dont understand what you mean by "v47"
and on my homescreen arent any widgets
and i reflashed the device several times so it doesnt seem that a reboot will do something.
but anyways, thx for the quick reply

Last edited by aliman; 2011-05-28 at 15:29.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china

k,
i reinstalled and reflashed the kernel and installed the kernel power thing v47 but didnt solve anything
any more advice or help?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50105
http://wiki.maemo.org/How_To_Make_Yo...ry_Last_Longer

uh try these pages and rest there are many to help you .good luck ,dont try reflashing again n again ,it may hurt N900 eyes .
take out the battery and try reboot again ,if you have overlocked the device upto 1 Gh ,then probably thats the reason .
hope it helps

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
check backlight and VK setting at setting.
normally it changes to factory setting after a reflash.
check it out and customize accordingly.

i havent ever overclocked over 1ghz, mostly to 850 mhz seems to be the stablest speed
and what is VK settings?
after reflashing i have changed the settings and looked if the backlight changes but it didnt
any more advice/help?
thx

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
you can try my custom brightness, this can allow you to control the brightness to the fullest, worth a shot if anything else fails

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
I can't understand this.

Instead of trying to get help on this forum, why don't you take you "beloved" device to a warranty repair?