Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I have a strange problem. For some reason my phone is currenly interpreting the touch screen presses weirdly. It might be a calibration problem, since e.g pressing the up-right corner gives me 0 when trying the input the pin code. No dice for the OK button, so I got in with SIM card removed. (well there was some problems, since the phone was asking for date, locale settings etc...)

But now I have a phone and access to xterm, otherwise the touch screen issue is pretty much blocking everything. How to fix this issue gracefully (i.e. no re-flash etc.)?

edit: This problem started suddenly after my battery went dead and I switched on my device the next time.

Last edited by naabi; 2011-06-03 at 13:18.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by naabi View Post
I have a strange problem. For some reason my phone is currenly interpreting the touch screen presses weirdly. It might be a calibration problem, since e.g pressing the up-right corner gives me 0 when trying the input the pin code. No dice for the OK button, so I got in with SIM card removed. (well there was some problems, since the phone was asking for date, locale settings etc...)

But now I have a phone and access to xterm, otherwise the touch screen issue is pretty much blocking everything. How to fix this issue gracefully (i.e. no re-flash etc.)?
do you have a screen guard on and for how long the same.?

The Following User Says Thank You to thashku For This Useful Post:
I don't have any screen protector currently.

Ok, finally managed to find some help. So, I run...

tscalibrate reset

...on xterm, but it didn't bring any help. Getting a bit worried about my screen HW condition.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
what was the last app you installed? was it extrshortcut ? i too had this issue but it resolved automatically after abt 5 mins

The Following User Says Thank You to dtparikh For This Useful Post:
I haven't installed anything lately. Let's say for couple of weeks. Quite easy to remember, since I've been travelling abroad.

Oh yes, the program tscalibrate doesn't accept my presses, since it thinks that my presses are way off the target 1.