Hi, everybody!

I have installed a bunch of apps on my N900. And one of those, or just a part, is a white rounded cellular icon with blue arrows left and right. (see screenshot attached).

The story:
I have Data Plan Monitor installed and it is monitoring my monthly data plan very well. Im also using N900 as a cellular modem and I found out that sometimes Data Plan Monitor is also counting. Then I saw that icon (again, see the screenshot attached) and Data Plan Monitor is also counting/monitoring.

The problem is, that this "app" wont show there after every restart.

Does anybody knows what is that "app" and how to make it there after every restart?

PS
Sorry for my fake English.
Attached Images

I believe that is fMMS. It shows there when sending or receiving MMS.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
This is a status bar icon, that indicates that you are connected to a cellular network.

Thnx guys, but both of you are wrong. By coincidence I found it in 'PowaTool'. And that applet is Tethering Status Monitor.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by N900Roger View Post
Thnx guys, but both of you are wrong. By coincidence I found it in 'PowaTool'. And that applet is Tethering Status Monitor.
You may will have installed an application that adds functionality to your N900 and reuses that icon, but in stock Maemo 5, that exact icon simply indicates the device is connected via cellular data. michaaa62 was correct.

EDIT: Wrong! As pointed out below, the normal icon has black arrows, not blue. Sorry.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2011-06-20 at 19:49.

As far as I know, black arrows are for cellular network and blue arrows are for tethering. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to N900Roger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
As far as I know, black arrows are for cellular network and blue arrows are for tethering. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Just to share, in my experience that same icon shows up whenever:

1. I connect my phone to my computer to serve as a USB modem and actually transmitting/actively "serving" (tethering) Internet connectivity
2. I send/receive an MMS
3. I browse using GPRS/3G

Regardless of the specifics, in my opinion the previous poster was correct in the sense that all 3 scenarios are all about data plan usage, which I believe is of primary concern to you.

Huh, than I guess I installed some app long time ago, which makes this icon more rocognizable. So, sorry and thank you all.
And if someone knows which app is that, please let us know, because sometimes I still need to enable it manualy via PowaTool.

The Following User Says Thank You to N900Roger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
No, I believe you are correct. I was remembering the icon in the connection list. It has blue arrows. The status area icon has black arrows.

I was wrong. Sorry!

Hmmm, lets make a pool.
Who is having black arrows for cellular and who is having blue arrows for mms, cellular and tethering

BTW, I never used MMS (fMMS) on N900